Claimed by Home

Nico

Nico had already got a call from Sarah and Mr and Mrs Levi. They wanted to know how his trip was going; the places he had been to so far and how he was dealing with the mate situation. Mrs Levi cried twice during the forty minute phone call and repeatedly apologized for being a horrible 'mom'. Nico had to tell her the whole 'bath episode with Louis' story twice before her mood showed any improvement. He felt like a rotten egg that had been left forgotten on the counter for days. Mr Levi had finally distracted his wife by calling Sarah and begging her to tell Nico 'The News'.

Sarah argued that it wasn't the right time to tell Nico yet, but Mr Levi insisted. She took the phone from him to go up into her room and locked her door and layed down on the bed before apologizing profusely for being a horrendous friend to Nico. Sentences like 'I should have known', 'I felt you were quieter, but I didn't think much into it' and 'I feel miserable' were frequently uttered. Only when Nico guessed that she was pregnant did Sarah shut up and start to cry. "You know everything about me and I didn't even know you were dying of hurt..." She had cried and had become inconsolable.

Nico spent the next twenty minutes calming her down. He told her how Emma didn't know anything yet and how he wanted her help to break it to his sister who would be nothing short of a tickled dragon. Sarah had finally joked that his arse would be on fire when he met Emma in three months. Nico had laughed along but he really was worried about his sister's reaction. He thought of getting her an expensive gift from Turkey where he would be heading to next in a few weeks. Perhaps that would neutralize some of the hurt she would feel. Nico realized that he had been selfish in keeping his family away from his hurt self. They lived through him as he lived through them.

Nico had asked questions about Sarah's health. How Jay had reacted when he found out. When her due date was and what she was planning to name her baby. He casually let it slip how good of a middle name 'Nico' would truly be. Sarah had harrumphed at that but also managed a grin. Nico was satisfied. He promised he would keep in touch with his best friend and just might-maybe- get something nice for her.

Sarah wanted to know whether Nox had called yet and then talked about what Nico would say to him. They discussed what Nico should wear and look like and what he ought to say to his mate. Nico wanted to know if it would be safe to wear earrings and eyeliner. Sarah just replied with a 'Hell yeah!' and Nico felt the least bit confident that perhaps it would work. Then again, Nico wasn't sure what his mate would like and whether Nox even approved of his mate being a male.

Nico knew that Nox would be next in line for becoming Alpha of the Suwariis and for that he needed an heir. Although democracy was favored among werewolves as well, but he knew that Nox would want a little boy or girl who could carry the Alpha gene. These questions kept Nico awake along with the wait- the anxiety that his mate would call him soon.

When Nico's phone rang at half past nine, he had just had dinner. He didn't have time to wear his earrings and eyeliner. Thankfully he was still wearing his plum dress shirt from work. He reached out to see that the caller was unknown and then picked up and put the phone to his ear while quickly clearing the table of his hotel room.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Nico Tailor." His voice was deep and sultry. A wave of pleasure went down Nico's back and traveled all the way to his toes. Nico felt like he had been sitting in his favorite spot on the sofa back home with a box of a dozen doughnuts placed precariously on his knees, waiting to be eaten. He smiled.

"Hi—I, I mean hello." Nico stuttered, then mentally cussed himself.

"As much as I admire seeing the darkness from the shell of your ear, I would very much like to see the rest of you." Nox said. There was a smile in his tone, Nico could somehow tell.