A Sister from Home

Nina

Nina knew something was going to go wrong the moment she left her father's side. Her father, the Alpha of Suwarii's pack had asked permission from the neighboring pack Alphas for Nina to enter their territory in search of her mate. Nina had turned fifteen two weeks after summer ended and had searched for her mate within her own pack. All her efforts were useless and the fifteen year old became more heartbroken each day.

When the Alpha saw his daughter lock herself up in her room for the eighth time that week, he put down his foot and decided to send her in search of her other half, despite his own reservations. Nina had agreed to her father and Alpha's terms that when she found her mate, she would just mark him and bring him back home. The old Alpha had blown a fuse when she had teasingly mentioned that she would mate him. Nevertheless, it was finalized that no mating would take place before the age of twenty.

Nina knew she had got on the ferry with three of her fathers best pack wolves as her guardians. During the four hour ride, one of her companions had gone missing. She worried for the she-wolf who had been guarding her. Nevertheless she assumed that perhaps the she wolf was still keeping watch from the shadows.

When the ferry reached its destination, Nina's wolf was growling and clawing in her head. All her hackles raised when she discovered that her luggage stood unattended on the platform and that she was truly all alone. She felt like a boulder in a river of strange people.

Her sense of self protection kicked in when she saw a group of strangers- who smelt like death, headed her way. Without alerting anyone, she quickly moved with the flow of people heading out. When under watch, blend to lose enemy.

Once she was away from the crowd, she shifted and started to run like death was after her. She didn't have a proper sense of direction but she knew that if she ran far in one direction she would enter pack territory and leave behind the no- mans land.

Nina was absolutely positive that she was being followed by werewolves and that they were slowly gaining on her from all sides. When running away, don't look back at the enemy. With burning lungs, she flew across the forest, trying her best to evade the enemy by swerving expertly.

One rouge jumped further than the others to tackle her from the side but only ended up biting her haunch. She growled in anger and pain but kept running. The only thing benefiting her right now was the delicacy of her frame that made her faster than the males.

Twenty minutes in, Nina heard growls and heavy steps coming straight toward her. She was fired up enough to think that she would be able to pierce through the oncoming rouge pack. She sped up and heard a wolfy groan behind her. Nina smirked and lowered her chest in anticipation to tackle the oncoming wolves.

The pack approaching tore through the forest in anger and attacked the rouges behind Nina. For a moment Nina was confused before she realized that she had entered pack territory and the pack guardians were now ripping the rouges apart. She went ahead to assist and tore apart a rouges tail. A pack guardian angrily pushed her behind himself. The young she wolf rolled her eyes and sat a few meters away to lick her bloodied paw. The pack guardians finished and collected the carcass before shifting and setting flame to the pile.

"Who are you? What business do you have on our lands?" A buff pack guardian asked Nina.

"I'm Nina- Alpha blood of Suwarii pack. My father has gained permission for me to enter pack territories of Bloodmoon pack and the Diamond Pack. I would like to speak to your Alpha. My business is my own." Nina mindlinked the buff guardian. He grunted in response before jogging in one direction. Nina assumed she had to follow.