From wife to girlfriend

Iris

The doctor in charge of me is a young handsome friendly man.
He visited me and kept me company any little chance he got.
"I wonder why you're not a comedian." I laugh.
"I'm a comedian doctor, my patients get to laugh a lot." He says with a grin on his face.

Someone knocks on the door.
Kyle enters. He is holding a bouquet of flowers.
"Kyle." I mutter.
I miss him so much. I smile.
He smiles back.
"I'll guess I should leave you two." Doctor Harris announces.
"No wait" I grab his hand.
Kyle frowns and I quickly let go of James' hand.

"Meet Kyle, uhm my...er... " I trail off.
"Her ex-husband." Kyle completes my sentence.
I bow my head quite embarrassed.

"Nice to meet you, Kyle. I'm James Harris." He extends his hand for a handshake buy Kyle ignores him. I remember he did that to Phill too. Kyle rather hands the flowers to me.
James walks out without saying a word.

"Are you jealous of him?" I ask.
"You don't have to ask to know." He snaps.
"You don't own me anymore." I roll my eyes.
"You know I do, I own your heart." He sits in the chair beside the bed.

"I miss you." He takes my hand and gives it a little squeeze.
I pull my hand away.
"What we had is over." I blurt.
"It's not! Do you know how I felt when I found you almost lifeless in that bastard's house?" He sighs.

"Thanks for saving me."

He ignores what I said and looks at my bandaged leg.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"I'm fine. I'll be discharged tomorrow."
"Have you heard from Bianca?"
I shake my head.
"No, she's finally gone. She left me a note." I almost burst into tears.
"It's okay, she loved you." Kyle tries to comfort me.
"I guess it's time for me to have a taste of a normal life." I mumble.

"Being a celebrity is not normal. It's so hard to reach out to you."
He huffs.
"I have no choice. Forget about me Kyle, Gabby is ready to have you back and your daughter she's beautiful." I say honestly.

"What's wrong with you? We can still be boyfriend and girlfriend."
Kyle scowls.
"I don't think I can do that. I don't want to separate a child from her father." I shrug.
"What's the big deal with it? I can still perform my duties as a father without marrying Gabby. I don't love her anymore." He explains.

"You don't understand..." he cuts me off by pressing his lips on mine. I close my eyes and allow myself to melt into his kiss.
We are interrupted by a voice.

"Kyle, it's time to go. She has to rest." James announces.
"Don't forget that I adore you." Kyle says and walks away.
"Do you still love him?" James asks.
"That's my business not yours. I have to rest." I hiss.
"I'm sorry, rest well." He says and leaves closing the door behind him.

I didn't mean to be rude to James, I am just depressed. I want to think. Does Kyle really love me that much? I don't want to be selfish. I think about others too. I shouldn't have cursed him, we wouldn't be in this situation. Kyle would be married to Gabby perhaps.

I take the piece of paper on which Bianca wrote her last words.

I failed in punishing Phill, but you succeeded in getting justice for me. Thank you, and thank Kyle too for coming. I also thank you for understanding me and sharing your body with me. It's quite sad I never met you personally. It's time to go. Tell mom that I love her.
I love you. Stay safe.

"Oh Bianca, I love you too." I cry and clasp the paper to my chest.
She left me this when she woke up in the hospital bed.

Kelly still is quite shocked after finding out Phill killed her precious daughter. She treated him like a son, even when her daughter died she still welcomed him in her home.

Kyle

I don't know how long I can survive without being with Iris.
I have the liberty to love other women now, but she's the only one I want. She's the only one who makes me feel alive. I'll do anything just to have her back.
That doctor is interested in her and wants to take her away from me.
I can't let that happen.
My phone rings and I look at the screen and I smile and quickly answer the call.

"I was thinking about us." Iris says softly.
"I'm glad you've called." I mutter.
"I thought about it and I want to give us a chance. Let's be boyfriend and girlfriend. What do you say?"

"Wow, from wife to girlfriend, I thought it was supposed to be the other way." I joke.
"It's because we're unique." Iris chuckles.
"My girlfriend, I can't wait to change your status back to wife."
I say.
"I'll have to hang up come to Kelly's place in the evening." Iris says and end the call.

I can't stop smiling. I feel like a girl finally being asked by her crush to be his girlfriend.
I can't wait for tomorrow, I'm so eager to meet her.

Iris

I know this is a bad idea but I must fight for our love.
"What do you want to tell me?" Kelly asks.
"Kyle and I are together again. He's my boyfriend. I want you to accept him because I love him and he's my everything." I say confidently.
"Well, if he breaks your heart, I don't want to see you cry." She says and walks away.

Why would he break my heart if he loves me? Why is Kyle not here yet? I don't want to call him either. The door bell rings and I quickly go to open the door. I hug Kyle.
"I miss you." I say.
"I miss you more."
He holds my hand and drags me towards his car.
"I want to take you somewhere."

I wonder where he is taking me.
I'm glad I have given him another chance. I'm so happy. I hope it lasts. All negative thoughts out, I only want to think of us.
Kyle opens the passenger door for me and I hop inside.
I scan his perfect face and thank God for making me meet him.
I love him so much.
"What are you thinking about?" He asks as he shuts the door.

"About us, will this last?" I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so terrified of the idea of Kyle stopping loving me.
"I'll make sure it does." He reassures and I nod.
It sure will.
It sure will.