Buried secrets

Iris

Opening my eyes unwillingly, why is my pillow so hard?
Oh shit! My head is on Kyle's chest. I move away quickly. How did I end up on the bed? Luckily, we're both wearing our clothes.
I should better go and take a shower.
"Right from the start you were a thief ....... Just give me a reason just a little bit of enough"
I sang.
I turned off the shower and turned to take my towel.
"Ahhhhh!" I screamed.
Kyle has been looking all this while.
"You pervert. Get out!"
"I can't take my eyes off you for a second."
"If you don't leave, I'll elope with Phill." I threaten.

Instead of walking out, he dares to come forward. I feel so humiliated. "I thank God for blessing me with such a beautiful wife who can also sing beautifully." He teases.
I'm so tired trying to cover up myself from his prying eyes.
He takes the towel and hands it over and leave.
Why didn't I lock the door?

When I come back from the bathroom, Kyle is busy speaking on the phone with his mom.
"No mom, yes I'm the best husband."
I roll my eyes and leave the room. It's a Sunday and I'm in the mood for church. I've never set foot in one since I got married. But before that, I call Selena. We talk for a long time.
Always updating me on what's going on in Taos. I miss her so much.

"I can see you miss your hometown." Kyle is so fond of startling me.
"You're right."
"I have good news. My mom wants us to come over for Christmas."
"Really?" I jump upon hearing the news. "Oh I can see Grandma again."

I keep glancing down at my wrist watch. Kyle is late. He's always here on time.
"Do you need a ride?"
I sigh. Can Phill stop pestering me?
"I remember telling you to stay away from me."
"Don't tell me you have fallen in love with him."
"It's none of your business so leave me alone."
"Iris I said I'm sorry."
"Forget about me. It won't work between us. Till the curse is broken, I'll never be free. I don't want to do anything wrong. Kyle has a heart too. I can't hurt him."
"Iris please." He hugs me.
I do love him but he's a jerk.

"Time to go."
I push Phill away when I hear Kyle's voice. I run towards him and kiss him on the lips. Kyle return the kiss passionately. It's not right to use Kyle this way but I want Phill to stay away.
Kyle breaks the kiss.
"Let's go. We might miss our flight."
Phill looks so hurt. I hope when we return, I would have forgotten him.

I don't know why I see a different person in Kyle's mom. She treats me so well. She isn't like the woman who coldly humiliated me.
"Oh my dear you look so cute."
"Thanks ma'am."
"Call me aunt dear." I nod shyly.
I turn to look at Kyle who is smiling. He looks kinda cute.

The first person I look for is Selena. But I'm told she's gone out with her boyfriend.
It's so unfortunate Kyle and I will be sharing one room.
"Well aunt, I'm going to see my grandma."
"I'll go with you." Kyle says.

Kyle

" Okay."
We drove to Iris grandma's house in silence.
The door was already opened so we entered. Iris was so excited to see her grandma until....
"Grandma!
Madam Lola was sprawled across the floor almost lifeless.
"Grandma! Why didn't you tell me you are not feeling well."
Iris began to sob.
"Grandma please you are going to be okay. Kyle call for an ambulance." My hands keep shaking.
"Son don't waste your time,  I am going to die anyway."
"No grandma."
"I...I want to tell you something."
"No grandma it can wait."
"Iris please."
I feel so bad right now.

"I'll tell you who your mother is. Your mother was a very pretty young lady. I am not related to you at all. 18 years ago, I helped your mother to deliver twins. You have a..a..a..twin sister."
"I have a sister, where's she?"
Wow buried secrets are being dug into.
"But your mother died after giving birth to you. You came last. I took care of you and your sister for a week then a woman came to see me for help. She was barren. She took your sister away."

I really want to hold Iris and comfort her.
"Why didn't she take me too?"
"She said she only wanted one of you. So I decided to care for you."
"Nobody's loved me from my childhood. Even that woman didn't want me."
"It's not true, Iris." I say but she yells at me. "Shut up!"
"What's her name?"She asks her grandmother.
"Her...her.. her name is.. Kelly Mendez. Your....sis... Bianca.. for
... give..me." The woman finally gave up the ghost.

This is so pathetic. To learn such a truth. Like she's suddenly lost it, she goes through things haphazardly.  "What are you looking for?" I ask but she ignores me. She gathers some few stuff and leave. I have to follow her.
"Iris!"
She finally stops. "Can you call an ambulance now?" She says and runs off. Leaving me wondering where she's going to.

Iris

I can't believe I am a twin and that I have a sister, Bianca Mendez. Where am I going to find her? My mother died the day I was born? I can't contain my tears anymore as they trickle down my cheeks. And grandma, the only one I have too is gone. I'm stuck up with this curse and marriage I don't even want.
Why do my life have to be so miserable?

I go back to grandma's house.
Her body has been taken to the hospital.
"Iris please let me hug you."
Kyle says opening his arms.
"Kyle." I hug him."
"My mother tried to make her come stay at our house but she refused."
"Just shut up." I say.
"My sister, her name is Bianca Mendez, can you help me find her?"
"Of course, dear. You know I want you to be happy. I'll help you find her as soon as possible."
"Thanks, Kyle. Thanks for being a great friend." I hug him tightly.
"Wait." Kyle suddenly took a step back. "Did you say Bianca Mendez?" "Do you know her!" I ask my face lighting up.
"I know someone with the same name but she died last year. I hope it's her."
"Have you seen get before? Do we look alike?" I ask.
"I've not actually seen her though. Let me search her on the internet."

"Oh my God,  Iris, she looks just like you." I snatch the phone from him and she's really identical to me. I lost her too?
I suddenly remember why they always say..
Wow, you look so familiar.
No, she's just like Bianca

I hadn't really paid attention because I never imagined I have..had a twin. I fall on my knees.  What else is hidden that I don't know?
What else?