Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

There was a knocking at my door, "Elora, are you done? You need to be sitting because the plane is about to make contact with the ground." Zina.

"I'm coming out now, one second," I shouted in reply, rushing over and opening the door.

Zina stood waiting at the door. She was wearing purple as well, but her dress was a lot calmer. It was less heavy, leaving her arms on show with a neck high collar. It finished on the floor, but had no train. She grabbed my hand and pushed me into the closest seat, taking a place directly next to me.

We were just in time, as not a millisecond later, I felt the plane crash against the floor, the plane suddenly travelling quicker then I had ever elt it before, the ties skidding loudly against the road, the wind racing through my ears. Not even a moment later, it was over. The plane slowly came to a stop.

I looked over to Maddox, who was wearing a black suit with a purple tie, his chest covered in a range of golden medals. An elaborate crown sat neatly on top of his head. Elliot looked the same, minus the crown and the medals.

I pulled myself out of the seat and made my way over to him, "How long do we have until we need to leave?"

"Only a few minutes. They need to organize the stairs and attach them to the doorway. we'll go down first, Zina and Elliot will follow suit. Just so you know, they won't be wearing anything like this. Unfortunately, it will be extremely hot, especially with what we are wearing, so they don't wear this style of clothing." Maddox explained, carefully readjusting my tiara.

I just nodded, "I'll be fine, I promise."

He moved his hand out of my hand and laid it along my jawline, cupping my head in his hand, "I know you will." He whispered, "I'm just making sure, I don't want you to feel scared or out of your depth."

I put my hand over his," As long as you stay with me I'll be fine."

I knew that I probably wouldn't be fine. But there was no point in telling Maddox that.

He smiled in response, though he probably knew that I was lying as well.

"You're Majesty, we're ready to depart the jet. awaiting your command," One of the air hosts called out.

Maddox turned around and gave them a curt nod before turning back to me.

"Are you ready to go? Or do you need another minute?"

I took a breath, "No, I'm ready. Let's do this."

And with that, Maddox grabbed my hand and led me to the plane door. It only took a moment for the door to open, revealing me to the harsh bright light.

It only took me a moment to curse whoever decided that I should be wearing this dress.

The heat was immediate, pelting onto my face and making me sweat. I could feel the sun burning me as we began our descent down the wide, metal stairs. I squeezed on Maddox's hand, everything being so bright that I could barely see.

Then I saw them, the Royal family of the South.

It was easy to pick who was who. Omnia and Jupiter stood in the middle. They were decorated with massive head pieces and gold bands running up their arms. Taj and Amina stood on Jupiter's right, The two wearing a silver band that crossed through their forehead. Amina's was decorated in red jewels, while Taj's was in yellow. Caterina and Verena were standing on the right of Omnia, Caterina wearing a stunning headpiece that curled around her ears. The Empress, Duchess and Princess Caterina were all wearing similar clothes, a flowy white dress accented with gold. Amina and Caterina's dress both having two long slits that began at their naval and ran through to the end of the dress. Omnia's dress was accompanied by a thin blue veil that attached itself to her shoulders and ran out miles behind her. White eyeliner ran underneath the girls' eyes, popping against their nearly black skin, highlighting their identical icy-blue eyes, excluding Amina of course.