I explain one problem using each tangent, cosine and sine before telling him to try one. I help Mason work it out step by step and he smiles as his brain grows to understand it.

"This isn't even hard," he says as he finishes the last problem on the page.

"It's not," I confirm and eat the other half of my grape.

Mason watches me with an amused grin. I give him a questioning look as if to ask him what's so funny about me eating grapes.

"I've never seen someone bite a grape in half before eating it. They're already bite sized just shove the entire thing into your mouth and be done."

"Well sorry Mr. Mason but not everyone has a mouth as big as yours," I say and he chuckles.

"Damn, that hurt," he says sarcastically with an eye roll and I laugh.

"But seriously you can fit at least five in your mouth so why do you bite them?" he asks again holding actual interest in my eating habits so I decide to entertain him for a while.

"I don't know really. My mom does it too so maybe it's just a girl thing." I shrug and he stands up, walking towards my kitchen.

He opens the refrigerator and pulls out a bowl of grapes. I washed all of the grapes earlier and put them in a bowl so now they're clean and I won't have to pick them from a stem every time I want a snack.

"We're about to see who can fit more grapes into their mouth."

He traipses back over to the couch and sets the bowl down in between us. We're both sitting facing the other with the big, plastic bowl separating us.

"You're going to win," I tell him.

He gives me a shrug, "Probably, but I'm still curious. You're the one who's supposed to be teaching me math so lets count."

He puts a grape into his mouth and I do the same thing. We do another one, and another one. After only a few seconds I already have five grapes in my mouth and I feel like I could still fit a few more.

"whh umbar are uh at?" Mason asks through the grapes and I try not to laugh so I won't choke.

"Sebun." I reply and he smiles before pointing to himself with raised eyebrows hinting that he's ahead.

I shove the eleventh grape into my mouth and shake my head at Mason. He puts another grape into his mouth before he starts coughing which causes me to start laughing. I quickly spit all of the grapes into my hand and he does the same.

"Wow, that's nasty." he says as our grapes pop from our mouths.

I laugh and toss the handful of fruit into the trashcan before washing my hands.

"Looks like I won with twenty seven grapes." Mason says and my eyes nearly fly from my sockets.

"Twenty seven?" I ask him in disbelief and he nods proudly.

We make our way back to the couch and sit down, "Now that we've accomplished you can unhinge your jaw like a snake, should we get back to geometry?"

Mason lays his head against the back of the couch and whines, "Do we have to?"

I shake my head, "We don't have to but if you want to pass this test we might need to."

He shrugs, "I think I'm over the whole math thing."

"Seriously? You'll fail a test just because you don't want to study for a few minutes?"

He nods once and I cock my head to the side in disbelief.