Confess

I groaned in pain as my eyes shot open. My whole body ached and sleeping on the hard floor didn't really help.

I winced and sat up, prying Loki's arm from my waist. He stirred a bit and felt around the floor as if he was looking for me.

I crawled on top of him and laid down resting my head on his chest. It moved up and down with each steady breath he took.

I pressed my ear to his chest and listened quietly to the sound of his soothing heartbeat.

He stirred once more and furrowed his eyebrows together, wrapping his arms around my lower back.

He squinted at me to make out my features in the dim light.

"That's a nice way to wake up." He said sarcastically, nodding his head towards my body that was currently crushing his.

I rolled my eyes and gently pushed him away, rolling off of him as I winced.

"Can I ask you something?" I murmured closing my eyes tightly as I clasped my hands together on my stomach. Looking at him still made me nauseous.

I took a sharp intake of breath and hissed as my hand made contact with a wound on my stomach.

"Hmm?" he muttered closing his eyes too.

"Why?" I asked squeezing the thoughts from yesterday out of my head.

"What do you mean why? He furrowed his eyebrows together, turning his head towards me.

"Why did you do it? W-why did you agree to hit me?" The wounds on my arms started to throb at the thought and my eyes began to swim with tears.

I felt my hands tremble and suddenly I felt small again. So small and helpless. Worthless and stupid. Stupid for trusting anyone, ever.

The color drained from his face.

He sighed and brushed the back of his hand over the scar on my cheek. I winced slightly and shrunk away. His touch made me quiver.

He hurt me.

"My dear, I had no choice. He would have killed you if I did not do it," He paused. "I had no choice." He said again, quieter, almost as if he was trying to convince himself of the matter.

"Oh." I whispered, my voice cracking. It was unforgivable.

My eyes landed on the floor as he brought his hand up and rested it on my cheek.

I placed my hand on top of his.

He forced my gaze to meet his.

"Please." He begged. "I would never hurt you Aislin."

I shook my head.

You hurt me.

I could suddenly feel the sharp sensation of him entering my mind, and I knew he heard that thought.

A tear rolled down his cheek.

He angrily wiped it away and ripped his hand from my face.

He stood and paced the room with his hands clenched at his sides.

"Loki please calm down?" I pleaded, running my fingers through my hair nervously. My teeth chattered in fear.

He stopped and angrily tugged at the hair on his head.

"Lok-"

"I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO." He shouted, I recoiled from him as his terrifying form loomed over me.

He took another step forwards and I flinched, throwing my arms up to protect myself.

Immediately, he froze and stepped back.