Happy Tears?

Oooooooh this chapter is kind of short but I think you'll really like it :) *cackles because I know something you don't right now* anyways, Enjoy Xx (Song it called emmylou by Vance joy) (Picture is Aislin's dress)

I was shaken awake by Astrid around 8:00am. I glared at her, my head throbbing. The worst part about getting drunk every day were the hangovers that followed.

"I'm sorry my Lady, but the queen ordered that you attend breakfast this morning." She explained. She hurried into the bathroom and I heard the water being turned on in the shower. "Do you have a preference for what dress you wear?" She called from inside my closet. When I didn't respond she poked her head out. "Well?" I shook my head.

Several minutes later she returned with an ivory dress with what looked like it had little vines made of crystals. I threw the covers over my head and curled in ball. I felt Astrid's presence next to the bed.

"Oh, c'mon Lady Aislin, don't be like that!"She chuckled and pulled the covers away from me. The cold air sent chills down my spine. She pulled me out of bed and handed me the dress. I stared at the clothing in my arms. I can't get dressed on my own. My eyes flickered from her to the dress and back. I raised my eyebrows, as if asking for help. She just kept her hands clasped in front of her and kept that stupid grin on her face. I sighed and unzipped the dress.

I trembled as I stepped into the dress, my knees giving way twice. I had to grip the bedposts to keep myself standing. It took about thirty minutes but I finally managed to squeeze myself into the corset. I sat down on the small bench in front of my vanity and waited for Astrid to begin doing my makeup and hair. She stood there and stared at me as I watched her in the mirror.

"Oh!" She finally exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows into confusion as she entered my closet. She returned with a pair of heels that matched the color of my dress. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and started to brush makeup onto my own cheeks, although it wasn't nearly as professional as Fay's makeup skills. The scars on my cheeks were still pink and prominent. Even though they were scars, they always bled when I had nightmares. Like they were enchanted or something.

I couldn't do anything with my hair, so I just left it down. It fell in dark ringlets around my shoulders. I pulled on my heels and then followed Astrid down the hall. She didn't take my arm like Fay usually did so I had to grip the wall to keep myself steady. I officially hate heels.

I wobbled into the dining hall, the guests were already eating.

I slipped into the chair next to Loki. He tensed up next to me. My stomach swooped and I wanted to reach out and grasp his hand. My fingers twitched and I thought I might throw up.

"Aislin?" Someone called and waved a hand in front of my face. My eyes snapped up from my lap. Fandral was chuckling and elbowing Thor in the ribs. He was obviously talking about me but Thor did not seem amused. I rarely saw Thor this serious.

"Aislin, how are you?" He whispered in a concerned tone and grasped my hand across the table. I gave him a small shrug and dipped my head, my eyes closing lazily. I stared at the food on my plate. My stomach churned and my head pounded. Loki was leaning back in his chair, his arms crossed. I shut my eyes gently, drowning out all of the sounds of the dining hall.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Aislin." Someone whispered, touching my arm gently. I flinched and my eyes shot open. "Aislin, it's time to go." Astrid shook my arm again. I looked around groggily. Astrid helped me from the chair and started down the hall. I wobbled after her, my feet aching from these God awful heels. I could barely keep up.