Playing Cards

"Loki." I whispered poking his shoulder hesitantly.

He stirred and rolled to the other side. I "hmpfed" and walked to the the other side of the couch.

"Loki." I whispered in a sing song voice, squeezing his cheeks together. His eyes shot open and he sat up looking around the room.

"Aislin, what do you need?" He groaned, rolling to his stomach and burying his face in the pillow.

"I'm bored." I groaned running my hands down my face over dramatically. 

"I do not care." He hissed, closing his eyes again.

"Loki please?" I whined collapsing on the floor dramatically. He groaned and sat up, brushing the hair from his face.

I smiled and stood up, walking to the middle of the room and sat down cross legged.

"What do you want to do?" He grunted, sitting across from me, pouting.

"We could play a card game..." I trailed off, leaning back on my elbows. A deck of cards appeared on the floor in front of us and my eyes widened.

"How did you do that?!" I sputtered.

"Magic." He said nonchalantly, running his tongue over his teeth.

"No seriously." I snapped, slouching over as I crossed my arms over my chest. I'm not a child. I know magic isn't real.

"I am being entirely serious." He smirked opening the deck of cards. I knitted my eyebrows together and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Loki tell me." I begged tapping my fingertips rhythmically on the floor in front of us.

"So what shall we play?" He asked looking up at me while shuffling the deck. I pouted and knitted my eyebrows together once again, as he grinned and placed the freshly shuffled deck in between us.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

After a few hours of playing Black Jack and Old Maid Loki got frustrated and threw his cards across the room.

"I do not understand your Midgardian forms of entertainment." He growled, standing up from his sitting and plopping down on the couch angrily. I sighed and put the cards back before yawning and stretching my arms out.

I caught Loki's attention, he watched me as I sludged towards the golden bed.

I crawled under the covers and rolled to my side, facing the wall.

I read for a while and soon it was nine o'clock.

"Loki? Are you coming to bed?" I murmured glancing towards him. He glanced at me suggestively. "Ew." I snapped.

He smirked and flipped his leather-bound book open. I pursed my lips and pulled the covers higher while gently closing my eyes.

I soon felt the bed dip slightly and I smiled to myself.

"Goodnight." He whispered.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I was awoken by the soft sound of feet pacing about the room. I squinted slightly and rubbed my eyes, sitting up from the bed. Loki was pacing around the room, biting his thumb nails.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, slightly concerned. He stopped and turned towards me.

"Nothing.. I was.. I.. Nothing. Nothing is wrong." He assured and continued to pace the room. I had never heard him stutter before. It made me nervous.

I looked down at my hands in my lap and played with my fingers a bit. Then I threw the covers off and waddled to the dresser, pulling out shorts and a t-shirt. I'm so glad Frigga managed to get me some of my clothes from home.