The Vampires Mistress - Chapter 14

Начните с самого начала

"Because I don't like the smell of wet dog."

"Oh, and the dog jokes start already!" He teased as I pulled my hand free. "You sure you didn't come for sex? If you're so interested in the dog side of me I'll-"

"Goodbye, Damien," I cut him off, hop tailing it out of there as fast as I could. 

I sat staring at myself in the mirror. 

"I'll be fine," I whispered to myself, "Just stay away from Lucan and everything will be okay."

Then again I wouldn't know for sure who Lucan was!

Stupid grandfather deciding he wanted a masquarade! No revealing yourselves till midnight! 

I had a beautiful sleek black dress on that had an extremely daring slit down my leg, high enough to put the Grand Canyon to shame. Beautiful silver crystals were etched into the bust of the dress to set it off. I wore heels I could barely walk in and no jewellry. The slit in the dress was the main feature tonight. 

I had half of my hair pulled back into a high clip so that it rested beautifully with the ribbon of my black mask, which had white crystals etched around the eyes. 

"Hey, Brook." Carol, who was watching Angel for me while I was at the party, came in. "Where's Angel?"

"Hey Carol," I smiled at her through the mirror. "She's asleep in her nursery at the moment."

"Best she's asleep when I go then we won't have to fight her off you," Carol smiled, "Should I take her?"

"Please, before she wakes from the music." I stood up and admired the bareness of my back as the beautiful material of the dress caressed my rump. 

"You look beautiful, Brook." Carol said as she came in with a sleeping Angel and all of her things. 

"Thanks," I grinned at her, kissing my daughter. "If I'm late just lock the doors and go to bed, I'll probably sleep here tonight."

"Have fun!" She enthused giving me an awkward hug before she went. 

That woman was a Saint!

Checking myself one last time in the mirror, I put my mask on and finally made my way down to the party. 

****

By scent alone, I knew exactly where Brook was. 

Watching her with eyes of a predator, she smiled at something Ken said as they danced, the full moon shining down through the window, illuminating the shine of her hair. 

Seeing the moon I pulled out my cellphone and dialed the number.

"Boss," The deep voice of Phil came through. 

"Hunt the werewolves." I commanded, "Lock all of them in the cellar in the silver cage and keep all of them tranqualized, pups and all."

I hung up. 

And so my revenge begins. 

I turned to the hulking figure standing next to me, "Wait outside until I call you."

He bowed and left. 

I made sure my mask was in place, took a quick swig of the blood in my flask and made my way into the heat of the dance floor, the pulse of every human beating in my ear. 

I began to dance with a random woman, obviously overjoyed by the way she pinched my butt. 

"And what might your name be?" Her eyes fluttered as I steered us nearer Brook and her grandfather.