The Vampires Mistress - Chapter 14

Plucking up the courage, I finally knocked on Damien's door.

"And the wanderer returns," Damien's hulking figure stood in the doorway, leaning against it... with only a black towel wrapped around the lower half of him.

"Hi," I murmured cautiously as I bit my lip and wrapped an arm protectively around me. 

"What can I do for you, Sweetheart?" He smiled as I admired his chest. 

"Mind if I come in for a second?"

Sweeping his arm into a bow with a smirk and a glint in his eye, he allowed me in. 

I stood in the enterence near the door, not sure if I should bolt or not. 

The last time I saw Damien we parted on bad terms. When the news of my pregnancy circulated, Damien thought he was the father. I expected him to go off on one and make demands... Instead he shocked me by dropping to one knee and asking me to marry him, telling me he'd stand by me and the baby. 

Full of heartbreak I told him he wasn't the father. Fireworks flew as we argued, ending with him crushing the ring into nothing but powder before he left. 

Damien truely thought I was his mate and knowing that I was pregnant to a vampire meant that I was a true bride. 

I'll never forget the hurt in his eyes, no matter how much he tried to hide it with his smug "Jack the Lad" attitude. 

I cleared my throat, "I need a favour,"

His eyebrows rose, "And what kind of favour would that be Miss. Taylor?"

I shot him a glare, "I'm not here for sex, Damien."

"Breaks a mans heart," He smiled, putting his hand over his heart as if it hurt. 

"I need you to be my... Date." I practically choaked the last word out. 

A grin formed on his face, "And when is this date?"

"Tomorrow," I replied, not looking him in the eyes. "It's my grandfathers birthday party and Lucan's going."

"And you want to take me to rub his face in it? Shameful, Miss. Taylor." He tutted, obviously amused, "Dispicable."

"I'm not rubbing his face in it!" I shot at him. "I accidentally told him I was your mate because Ken let slip about Angel and I have absolutely no idea what made me say your name."

"Because I'm irresistable, Brook." He taunted, smirking. 

"You wish."

"Well as much as I'd love to - and believe me it's painful to say this - but I have to decline your invitation," Damien murmured, voice soft and seductive. 

So, he thought it was funny to see me standing here and knew he was going to deny me!

Having enough, I turned to leave.

His hand wrapped around my arm, "Brook, I want to. But tomorrow is a full moon. For most of the party I'd be a werewolf."

"Oh," I felt so silly. 

His voice dropped as his lips almost touched my earlobe, "If it were any other day I'd have accepted and took full advantage of pretending to be your mate... in every way."

I batted him off me. "Has anybody ever offered to pay for your neutering?"

"Plenty of times, Sweet." He gave me a lopsided grin. 

I sighed and shook my head, "Well I'll just leave you to finish your shower. I've got to go pick up Ken's birthday present."

"Why don't you join me in the shower?"