The Vampires Mistress - Chapter 8

I woke with two thoughts. 

One, this wasn't a dream. Two, I felt a pair of muscular arms tight around my waist. Who's were they?

My soft body lay in the most comfortable matress ever. The top layer of it was all feathery which caused my body to sink so nicely into it. The blanket was thick and felt lush against my skin. And the pillows were big, comfy and caused me to bite back a sigh. 

Then the pain came. My whole body was limp and sore, especially my poor, throbbing leg. 

I winced as my head felt like someone was loudly and annoyingly playing the drums, deliberatly getting louder and louder. My mouth was dry and felt like cotton wool was stuck in my throat. 

Cracking my eyes open just a tad, I noticed the room was completely black. Not a shread of light entered the room. Was my eyes still closed?

I went to turn on my back but the arms around my waist tightened, pulling me further back against a hard, smooth chest and the deep, even breaths tickling my ear became deeper. A face nuzzled into the back of my neck, causing me to stiffen.

I noticed my hair was still damp and that something soft clung to my body. I didn't dare move. I didn't have the energy to move. 

Oh god! Did he dress me? Please tell me he didn't dress me!

Suddenly, I realised the arms around me wasn't the hands of a human. The strength this man had could crush me with the strength it took to pluck petals from a flower. 

"Arrrrrgh!" I leapt out of bed, catching him off guard. 

Three things happened in the space of three seconds. 

One, the overwhelming pains in my body - especially my leg - sent me howling with the most excruciating pain I'd ever felt. I swore as I gritted my teeth. 

Two, I suddenly I whacked into something hard, knocking the wind out of me. 

And three, a bedside lamp flicked on and a hulking figure blocked my only exit. His blue eyes darted around the room, looking for the threat. 

All he wore was a pair of tight white Calvin Klein boxers with a bulk that certainly... caught my utter attention. Just for a second. Or ten!

My vision clouded as the seering pain from leg shot up and down my leg. I clung to the thing I bumped into, no other than a really hard leather chair. I elevated my leg.

"Brook? Are you alright?" Lucan made a start to come over to me. 

"Don't come near me!" I held my hand out in a protest. My arms were bare and a flash of silver caused my to look down for a split second to see a long silk nightdress that flowed down my body like a waterfall, the end falling just on the floor to give it a slight ripple. It fit me like a glove. 

Lucan's eyes drew together as he stopped and stared at me. "What's wrong?"

I looked at him incredulously, "What's wrong? What's wrong!? You're a freaking vampire! That's what's wrong!"

"You were much calmer about it last night." He noted, crossing his arms. 

"Yeah well I had a VERY bad night. First, I almost became vampire bait. Then, my so-called friends lied to me. Also, I slept with a werewolf! And to top the night off perfectly, I got kidnapped!" I snarled at him, vemon seeping from my voice. "That's what's wrong, Lucan!"

His eyes softened a little, "Look, I understand you've had a stressful night. How about we grab you some breakfast and talk after?"

"Depends, am I the food?"