The Vampires Mistress - Chapter 10

Two Month's Later...

I sat in the library with a vampire romance book in my hands, wearing a pair of jeans, a white vest shirt, some flat plum coloured shoes and a faded plum coloured cardigan which was all new.

"Are you okay?" I asked, putting my book down as Lucan entered the library with such pain in his eyes.

"Melissa has also miscarried," His voice whispered, sadness rolling from his tongue. "I cannot do this anymore!"

I pursed my lips from his raised voice.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, sitting next to me and putting his head in his hands. "I know they are not my true brides and they cannot carry my children, I know!"

"Then why do you allow them to get pregnant?" I asked, touching his shoulder.

Lucan and I had some kind of truce going on. We'd became friendly towards each other and I had stopped lashing out at him. He hadn't kissed me and he gave me my own room to sleep in, which he did not sleep with me.

He'd taken me into the city when I called Michelle to let her know that I was staying on because my granddad wished it. She went off it at first because she thought I'd been kidnapped... I lied and said I wanted to spend time with Lucan.

She simply said, "Well don't do anything I wouldn't,"

"Wouldn't leave much, then," I replied, hanging up on her raging reply.

Since then Lucan told me that if I stay until the Masquarade and I then wished to go home, I could call my grandfather myself.

"I simply cannot deny their pleas," Lucan murmured into his hands. "I must admit, I wanted to try and get you pregnant. But, you are so much different. I refuse to put you through such hurt. You mean too much to me. Which is why I am letting you go,"

My eyebrows pulled together, "You're letting me go?"

"I've called your grandfather. He's sending one of his private jets to come get you." Pain waved from his voice as he took my hand in his and raised it to his lips. "It should be here by tomorrow."

I couldn't say anything. I was too shocked. I expected he'd never let me go. But here he was, letting me go.

A coldness touched my wrist and I looked down to see a silver round link bracelet being put on my wrist. On the bracelet was a single charm of a heart the colour of blue topaz which was the exact shade of my eyes.

"This is to remind you of me, of your beauty." He said, raising my wrist to kiss it lightly, then breathed deeply, inhaling my scent. On the back of the heart was an engraving I couldn't understand. "You captured this heart with one look in your eyes." Lucan read and then looked up at me. "And you did, Brooklynn. One look into the blueness of your eyes and this heart wept with joy and now whenever I see this colour, I think of how you looked at me when I first introduced myself. Of how I thought your eyes put the stars to shame. They are forever imprinted on my memory."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "Thank you, Lucan."

"If you love something let it go, right?" He whispered.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I leaned my forehead against him, none of us saying anything.

"You should pack," Lucan finally said, "You should also get some rest for the flight back."

I nodded but didn't move.

I felt so confused. I wanted nothing more than to go home!

Yet, now I wasn't so sure. In all honesty, I was beginning to enjoy myself. Lucan and I slowly worked our way back into the relationship we had before I found out he was a vampire... And I was beginning to really enjoy his company.