Building Trust

I found myself all alone in my room, and oddly enough, nothing looks touched. It's like time has been reversed almost.. or maybe it did. I run to my bathroom, staring at the same cat calendar that Sally gave me when I came back.

I stumbled over my feet, baffled that I had been sent back into time. Zalgo turned back time, but how? Slenderman can't even master that.. What if he can bring back my mother and father...and Liu!

I looked in the mirror, if Liu could see me, he'd be mortified by the way I look. He could never love a person that looks like this.

"or do the things you do, Jane, do you think Liu could love a sick murder? 

No. He could never love me for who I am now; but Zalgo promised to restore my beauty and old life, if I kill Jeff and keep a close eye on Slender. I splashed water in my face.

"plan of attack" speaking to myself, I hear a low laugh

"plan of attack, aye?" Jeff leans against the doorway

"What are you doing in my bathroom, Jeff" I shoot daggers his way

"I was just trying to finish what we started earlier." he smirked, sticking his tongue out at me.

"First off, gross, Second off, in your dreams." I bit my lip, and a little smirk grew on my face.

"You look like you're second guessing those words" Jeff walked closer to me and I couldn't help but stare into his eyes.

Something about them seemed a little different, but in his blue eyes, I could see Liu's face. My hand slowly grazed Jeff's smile like scar and I was met with an ice cold glare and before I knew it my wrist felt like it was being crushed.

"How joker-like of you" I ripped my wrist from his grip- "I won't be your little Harley Quinn either, fix your own issues before coming into my room"

"You know I don't like being touched like that-" I interrupted him

"Why?! Because it reminds you of Liu?!" Before I could stop the words, they came out, and expecting a whole brawl, I was surprised by a low chuckle

"Still in love with my dead brother?" He just laughed and my face fell blank "you really think I care about the people I've killed? You're just as stupid as you are ugly."

As angry as I wanted to be, I couldn't fault myself for being dumb enough to think Jeff could actually feel anything human.

I turned my back to him, just looking at myself in the mirror and from the corner of my eye I could see Jeff sneaking looks at me.

"Nothing smart to say back" he leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms

"Maybe I'm tired or maybe I know you're a liar who's speaking out of anger, because if I was stupid, I wouldn't have been able to out smart you all these years and if you thought I was ugly, then why are you still here in my presence?

"Touché, but maybe I let you out smart me because you keep things fun" he winked at me through the mirror and before I knew it, I whipped around and threw a hand towel at his face and ran at him.

We both went tumbling onto the floor, with me on top of him. He removed the towel from his face "well I was blindsided by that" I just laughed.

"What's so funny? You ended up falling too." I couldn't control the giggles leaving my mouth. Flashbacks of Liu raced through my brain.

Tears slowly started to trickle down my cheeks and Jeff wiped them away with his thumb one by one. "I miss him too, he may be dead and I may have killed him, but it's haunted me, ya know? He was my brother."

Your brother.

My lover.

Dead.

And I lay on top of the person who ended that. Half of me wanted to kill and destroy Jeff, but the other half just wanted to lay here for a little bit longer and comfort the loss we both feel. Something felt like home in his chest.

"I don't think it's something you ever stop missing." I spoke softly as a buried my face into his white hoodie.

"By the way, do you like...ever clean this?" I looked up at him.

"Wouldn't you like to know? He smirked

"Erm I don't think so." I laughed.

I sat up, but was quickly pulled back down.

"Can we stay like this for a little while longer?" Jeff's warm breath ran down my neck and it sent chills down my spine.

"I'd like that." A smile slowly crept on my face

"Good." Jeff's lips pressed gently to my neck "maybe in a different life, I would have won the girl instead of Liu"

"That would require you to be normal and not blood thirsty" I nuzzled myself closer "but maybe we work like this, crazy blood thirsty murderers."

"I thought this wasn't a Joker/Harlequin thing?"

"It's not" I protested

"I think it is" Jeff chuckled

"Gross, so cliche, we're way more badass". I looked up at him with a serious face.

He stared into my eyes "I guess I can agree with that."

"You better" I smiled

"I've heard happy wife, happy life; so I think that translates to happy killers, better thrillers" Jeff smiled back at me

"I-uh-no, that's not what it means but maybe that's how it works in there" I poked his forehead.

"Probably, I think something broken in there." Jeff poked his head repeatedly then looked back at me "you think you're certified to fix that?"

"I can't fix psycho, sorry" I laughed at him

As crazy and dangerous as Jeff was, you'd never think he'd have such a cheeky side to him. I couldn't bring myself to break eye contact with him.

"Jane, I'm gonna do something and I'm gonna hope you don't stab me"

And before I could protest, Jeff's hands were tangled in my hair and his lips crashed into mine, and the longer they stayed there, the more at home I felt. I couldn't stop myself from closing my eyes and kissing back.

Images of Liu popped into my head, I wanted Liu back so badly that I think I'm imaging Jeff as him, or maybe it's my guilt.

Could I?

Could I really be falling for Jeff in the process of making him fall in love with me?

I didn't know, but I did know I was going to take this moment in for as long as I could.

——————————

Thank you for reading :-)

Apologies on the delay, I've just been stuck on this plot D:

I'm also thinking of doing other stories so if anyone would like anything specific just comment and let me know :)

Votes and follows are appreciated

- Christina <3