If You Asked Me To (Mark)

You and Mark have a complicated relationship. He is your sister's boyfriend's bestfriend-that complicated. You were introduced when your sister invited you to hangout with her and Jinyoung. Apparently, someone in her boyfriend's circle of friends doesn't have a partner, so your sweet sister decided to set you up. Surprisingly, you had a great time with Mark, who was ever so intently listening to you ramble about school and wanting to graduate so you can finally start teaching instead.

Your sister failed to tell you that Mark is a teacher himself, and that he was already on his third year teaching on your prospect university. So when you applied to be a Science teacher, got in and needed to have your ID photo taken from the IT Department, you were pleasantly surprised to find Mark Tuan.

He looked different in his buttoned up shirt and round glasses. He was still handsome as that night when you ended up making out in his car, but this was a different kind of handsome.

Mark was friendly when he realised you would be starting to work in the same place as him. You had an instant tourguide, and he gave you plenty of helpful tips to survive. The students were a handful because as in most expensive universities, you would be teaching children who don't really need to learn most things since they will just inherit their parents' empire. This fuelled you. You like challenge and teaching.

The water trickling down you was too much for your enthusiasm though. You heard giggles from outside the cubicle, and you could only assume that it's one of those spoiled girls who got C- from you. When their lavish gifts didn't work, they probably thought making you suffer will give them the A their parents expect.

To be honest, this would only make you stricter. And at the moment, you could only afford to breakdown.

It was a good thing your bag didn't get wet much, so when you reached for your phone inside, it was still working. You didn't have clothes to use as replacement, but it was already dismissal time anyway, so you could just call your saviour to ask for a lift.

When Mark arrived at the bathroom-kudos to him not hesitating to enter the women's room-he was seething.

"What the hell happened to you?" he quickly looked for the extra hoodie he brought. You only said you needed some spare clothes if he had any. He thought you spilled coffee on yourself again.

"Um," you tried to think of an excuse, "the faucet was broken so..."

"Bullshit. Take your shirt off and wear this instead."

You took the hoodie without words and turned back so you could replace your wet shirt with it. You knew Mark wouldn't bite your reasoning, but at least he knew that you didn't want to talk about it.

"Done," you said so Mark could look back.

He stared at you for a moment before shaking his head. "Your place is too far. I'll dry your clothes while you take a warm shower in my apartment. Your sister will kill me."

You couldn't help but pout. While you did have a thing with Mark, the main reason he was always there for you was because your sister asked him to look out. You were never sure if he's just doing what he promised or he genuinely cares for you.

It really was a complicated relationship.

-

You could hear the sound of the blower from outside. Mark really was drying your clothes after setting up a warm bath for you. You were left to wonder how he thinks of you. If he were kissing you a few months ago, thinking of you a woman, were you now downplayed as a little sister with how unnerving it is for him to dry your underwear?

You splashed your hands on the water, frustrated. Well, you really seem a helpless case with how you're acting. You couldn't blame Mark to lose romantic interest in you.

The knock on the door made you look up from the bubbles, Mark's voice following, "I'm coming in."

You didn't have time to panic about him walking in while your naked beneath the bubbles. Mark entered with your probably dried clothes now in hand.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, putting your clothes aside and walking towards the side of the bathtub.

You felt yoursef getting more embarrassed. This proves that he really didn't think of you more than a charity case. "I'm fine."

"Are you?"

His mock-laced voice made you frown. You looked him in the eye. "If I say I'm not, would you help me like what my sister asked you to?"

This made Mark blink. He didn't seem to understand the outburst. "What are you talking about?"

You breathed out harshly, frustration getting the best of you. "I know you're just being nice to me because my sister asked you to take care of me as a co-worker. But are you forgetting how we always had sex in your car back in April? Cause Mark, I can't. And all these nice gestures are making me feel differently than what I should."

Mark's face was unreadable. He didn't seem upset, but there was a bit of confusion too. "How different?"

"Very," you could only say, not finding the right words.

"So you're thinking that I pick you up and drive you home everyday because your sister asked me to?"

"Yes."

"Even if your home is out of way to school and another hour away from mine?"

"...Yeah."

"And you think I come to you in one call because your sister asked me to?"

"Yes."

"Entering the women's room to hand you my shirt?"

"Yeah."

"Your sister should be paying me then, if you think she hired me as your nanny. Double because I'm risking my cool reputation just to do you favours."

You frowned at his cheeky expression. "What's so funny? Are you asking for money?"

"No, silly," he poked your forehead lightly. "I meant that you're wrong. I would not do all of those just because I was asked to. I haven't forgotten about what happened in April. In fact, I was doing all these things so that soon we could continue where we ended back then."

"You mean..."

Mark nodded, followed by a hearty laugh. "I can't believe I was being nanny-zoned."

"Well, what was I supposed to think? You're being too nice and my sister gave you a reason to be."

His laugh faded to a small smile. He reached for your hand holding on the side of the bathtub. "Did she tell you what I said after she asked me that though?"

"No," you looked at your interlaced fingers.

"I told her I'll do that even without her telling me. That is, if you asked me to. I wouldn't want to push myself on you."

You met Mark's gaze. Complications faded. "Mark..."

"Yes?"

"Do you want to check if the bathtub can fit two persons?"

Mark grinned, kissing the back of your hand before standing up to take his clothes off. "With pleasure."