Chapter 14

Double update people! Just thought I'd be nice x)

"Bennie." I shot up, groaning as pain shot through my spine. I looked around, frowning as I realised I was in a bed.

"August?" I heard someone call out. I looked to my left and my eyes widened at the sight of Benjamin.

"Benjamin!" I cheered, smiling widely. "Are you ok?"

He shrugged. "I am. I'm more worried about you." He chuckled. I pursed my lips, nodding. I pulled the covers off of me and jumped off the bed, wincing.

"What are you doing?" He frowned. I smiled and climbed into his bed and lied down next to him. He huffed, pulling the covers over me.

"Are you alright?" I asked him once more, looking at his shoulder. His leg was covered by the blanket.

"It hurts, but thanks to you, I'm ok." He smiled, cupping my cheek. I blushed, biting my lip.

"How is your back? Apparently you carried me through the pain."

I hummed. "It hurts. But it's ok." I shrugged, wrapping my arm around his waist. He wrapped his around me, with a sigh.

"You're so strong and brave, August. I hope you know that."

I snorted. "I barely made it to the pack house. I wanted to give up."

"But you didn't. You carried me to the pack house, even though you were in pain." He replied.

I sighed, closing my eyes. "Bennie?"

"Yes?"

"Thank God your ok." I breathed out, falling asleep.

My eyes opened slowly as I felt Benjamin's chest rise quickly as if he was laughing. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at him. He smiled at me.

"Hey." He greeted softly.

"August, you're awake." Mack breathed out as he came into view.

"I'm awake." I smiled at Mack. He hugged me, kissing my cheek.

"Thank Goodness you're ok." He breathed out, patting my head. I smiled sadly as I realised his eyes were red and puffy. Next to him was the alpha.

"I contacted your pack, Ben." Alpha told Benjamin. He tensed.

"What did they say?" He asked.

"Your beta is here to see you. She's worried about you and she has talked to your pack. They are ready to try."

I glanced at Benjamin but he didn't react to what his brother just said.

"That's a good thing. You'll be able to go back to your pack." I frowned.

Ben sighed, pulling me closer to him. "Yeah. It's a good thing."

The alpha patted Benjamin's good shoulder gently. "She's visiting our land at the moment. You can see her tomorrow. You're being discharged today so just rest once you get home."

"We're being discharged? That's good news!" I cheered.

Mack shook his head. "The doctor wants you to stay for a while longer. Why didn't you tell me the pain was getting worst?"

I frowned. "How do you even know?" I felt Benjamin squeeze my hand gently making me glare at him.

"You told him?" I gasped.

"I had to. I know you don't want anyone to worry, and they don't have to because you're fully capable of caring for yourself. But in these circumstances, I had to say something." He explained. I huffed.