Chapter 17

I breathed heavily, groaning as pain shot through my body. I stopped, falling to the ground. I gritted my teeth, crying. The pain was unbearable. This was officially the worst yet. I screamed - it felt like my spine was being ripped out of my body.

My eyes widened and I bit my lip as I heard a growl. I looked up and sighed heavily as I noticed there were five rogues surrounding me.

"Please not today." I whined, gritted my teeth as pain shot through my body - everytime was worst than the other. I groaned when they started approaching me.

"I said not today." I growled out, angrily, as I felt all my bones lose their original shape. It was so painful I blacked out.

When I woke up afterwards, five dead rogues surrounded me, and I was naked, covered in dirt and blood. I was so scared, I got dressed and ran away, never looking back.

I sighed in relief when I arrived in town. I was starving, thirsty and exhausted.

"Excuse me." I guy muttered, poking my shoulder. I turned around, frowning.

"Aren't you the guy that's been missing?" He asked, looking into his pockets and taking out a picture of me.

"Uh..." I trailed off, looking around me. "No." I lied, walking away, bumping into a few people at the same time. I looked around, trying to figure out how to get out of here.

"They said he was here." I heard someone say from afar. It was odd - they sounded so far away yet I could hear them. I looked around, freezing when I noticed one lion and three wolves running towards me. I cursed, gritted my teeth as pain shot through my body.

"Stop." I whispered, groaning. "Wait. Please." I whimpered, falling to the floor as I heard a crack and a sharp pain in my back. I screamed in pain as more cracks followed - nor without the pain. By the time it had calmed down, my vision had sharpened, people had backed away quickly and I was on all fours. That's when I realised: I had turned into my lion. It was damn painful yet liberating. I was a lion. I was never a human.

I looked back at the members of the pack in front of me. I growled as they started walking towards me. They stopped, bending down to the floor. I glared at who I assumed was Benjamin - who was currently walking towards me. He slowed down when he was in front of me. I simply stared at him - I couldn't talk and even if I could, I didn't know what to say.

He moved closer towards me before running his nusle up and down my neck. He whined as he did so, nipping onto my fur slightly. I moved closer to him until we were touching. He started howling painfully - it broke my heart. I lied down and bared my neck to him in some kind of apology. He thankfully accepted and sank down onto me, nuzzling at my neck. He whined some more before licking my face. I stack my tongue out and started doing the same to him. When the others started approaching us, he growled, positioning himself over me protectively. I nudged him gently. He kind of huffed, backing up slightly. The others came forward quickly. Esme was the first to approach me. I was smaller than him - way smaller but I felt some kind of pride in his eyes which warmed my heart. He licked my face once, letting Mack come through. He simply stared at me, head down. I patted his head with my paw. I sat down as everything started getting fuzzy. I blinked a few times, glancing at Ben before blacking out.

I shot up, eyes wide open. What happened? I looked around, frowning as I realised I was in the pack clinic.

"You're awake." I heard Benjamin say, smiling at me.

I nodded hesitantly. "I'm awake."

"How are you feeling?" He asked, taking my hand in his.

"Fine." I replied, looking at our hands.

He pursed his lips, nodding. "Look, I know you hate me right now. I betrayed you and I really feel bad about it. I just didn't know how to bring it up. Her mother was my best friend. We were at a party, got drunk and got carried away. She died giving birth, and I couldn't give my daughter away. I know it was wrong of me to have a child with someone other than my mate - I'm the only one to blame. I just," he paused, sighing, "I just want you to give me another chance. Lily is great, I swear. She doesn't even mind the age difference."

"We have 15 years difference. Of course she minds. It's weird. Her father's boyfriend is almost her age." I huffed. "Hell, I don't feel comfortable knowing I'm your daughter's age."

Benjamin nodded. "I know. But we're mates, right. You can't reject me. I mean, I hope you don't reject me."

I sighed. "I don't know Benjamin. Everyone knew you had a daughter but me. How is that suppose to make me feel?"

He looked down, sighing. "I know. I know. And I'm sorry."

I hummed, looking away. "Why am I here?" I changed the subject.

"We've been trying to figure out a reason why you suddenly turned into a lion and why not before." He replied.

"And?"

"The pain you've been having is your animal trying to change. Except the bones wouldn't budge which is why you were in so much pain. Concerning why you didn't change before? Well, Mack told me your parents conceived you in lion form, right? So I'm thinking that might have caused confusion in the foetus once your mother changed back into her human form to give birth. You're body has been trying to figure out how to be two beings in one." He explained.

"So I'm 100% a lion?"

Benjamin grinned, nodding.

"What about my digestive problem?"

"That is the only health problem you really have." He answered.

I nodded, smiling happily. "I knew it."

He chuckled. "Mack and I managed to contact your family. They're waiting outside."

My eyes widened. "What?" My face fell. I wasn't ready to see them again. After all, they kind of abandoned me.

"Should I let them in?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "No. I don't want to see them yet. Just- Benjamin." I whined. He nodded, heading to door and locked it before walking back towards my bed.

"I'm right here, baby." He whispered, holding my hand.

"Can you lie down next to me?" I asked quietly. He nodded, taking his shoes off and climbing into the bed. I snuggled into his embrace, taking a deep breath.

"Aren't you suppose to be gone?" I then asked him.

"Leave without you? How could I." He whispered, pecking my cheek. I bit my lip, sniffling slightly.

"What about your daughter? You've left her for over two months. Shouldn't you go back for her at least?"

He smiled sadly. "I do miss her a lot. But she's the one who told me to stay. You're my mate. I'm not giving up on you."

I looked up at him. "I'm not giving up on you either." I replied. "Besides, I like you a lot."

He hummed. "I like you too." He grinned, kissing my lips. I blushed, pulling away.

"I get horny very easily so I suggest you cut down on the kissing." I muttered. Benjamin laughed, throwing his head back.

"Oh really?" He smirked as I felt his hand take a hold of my member. I gasped, gripping his arms.

"B-Benjamin." I stuttered, breathing out a heavy sigh.

"Yes, baby?" He smiled innocently, pumping my member slowly. I moaned, squeezing my eyes shut.

"N-n-not now." I whined, toes curling.

"Are you close?" He whispered, pulling my gown up and bending down so that he was facing my member. I nodded, biting my lip as I opened my eyes, staring at him wide eyed. I groaned throwing my head back while he took me in his mouth.

"B-Ben." I moaned, gripping the sheets, releasing into his mouth. He kept his lips around me until I had come down of my high.

"How was that?" He asked, pecking my lips.

I took a deep breath, still moaning from the memory of it all. "Good."

He smirked. "That's my boy." He grinned, running a hand through my hair.