A little more interesting

Start from the beginning

I asked him what his wish was, activating my ability that predated quirks by over a thousand years, and got an answer that surprised me.

Boy: My parents always frown when they see me, so I want to make them smile!

The wish was made, and what I called an Order was given. An Order from an innocent source, but could be used in many ways. The power to affect people's minds and change their emotions was given to him, not by me, but by my power. I never got a choice about how wishes manifested. They just did.

However, newfound power didn't help the boy. He lost control of it, and he changed the emotions of everyone who lived on his street. His parents, who were disappointed in him for not having a quirk, were now afraid of him. Always afraid that what they were feeling was real or fake. They lashed out at the boy in a fit of anger that stemmed from fear... and killed him.

I learned something about my power that day. Most humans couldn't control the full power of an Order, no matter what it may be. For them to live properly after having a wish granted, they would need time to adapt. From then on, I would place limiters on the Orders that I grant. Their power would start small, and grow in strength over time. That should prevent any of the newly created Order users from losing control.

And so I continued looking for people who had nothing, and giving them what they felt they needed to be happy. There were a range of wishes over the years. However, I did not give Orders to everyone. Only to the interesting ones. I am no saviour to the quirkless. Just someone who wanted to be entertained.

~Timeskip~Seven years later~

I was right. So very, very right. The wishes made by humans certainly were interesting. They had so much variation that I could never guess who wished for what. I have granted many wishes over the years, and the Order users all decided on something that I wanted to see the result of.

Some of them tried to find each other, and treated each other as family when they did. One girl, who had wished to know her future, went looking for the other Order users. It took her a month to track one down, but she was able to meet up with a man who wished for something as simple as peace. They then travelled around, looking for more people who were like them. They found people, lost people, saved people.

It was strange. Most Orders didn't do much with their power other than live peaceful lives, despite how interesting their initial wishes were. Only a few of them actually tried saving people, and even fewer teamed up and worked with other Orders to do it. There weren't many Orders that did anything with their new power except fit in with society.

After a while, there were a group of Orders that spent a lot of time together. About five of them lived together, with others arriving and leaving like wind. Those five were like local vigilantes. Not very well know to most, but saviours to many who lived nearby. Something stood out to me about the ragtag group of Orders, so I made a thing about checking in on them every so often.

I still spent my time looking for interesting people. I found many people who wanted help, but had no solid wish for me to grant. They just wanted any form of help. There were those who had weak quirks that wanted to be stronger, but were still somewhat accepted by society because they had a quirk. I saw a child with a flashy explosion quirk, who was bullying people with weaker quirks. There was even a young boy that seemed to have no quirk, standing up against him, stopping him from attacking a boy with a weak quirk.

I considered giving this green haired boy a wish to be granted, but decided against it. This boy had not lost everything yet. He still had family that cares for him, and a home to find comfort in. I had long since decided that I would only grant the wishes of those who had little left. That way, they could build themselves up from the lowest points in their lives. It's really interesting to watch.