Chapter Twenty: We hired him

P.S Play the song while reading this chapter! 

Evelyn's POV

"So your parent's are actually okay with Aaron," Lilly asked me as I nodded my head.

"Yeah actually they are and you know what he's actually been really good around them he actually hasn't said anything stupid," I told them as they shook there heads. "Everything is going really well I mean my parent's like him and everything's great with us so I'm really happy," I said as they nodded their heads again.

"Well that's good to hear and you guys have actually lasted over a year now so this is officially the longest relationship you've ever had," Nick said as I nodded my head.

"Yeah I know that and I haven't even seen any signs of him wanting to back out or cheat on me so that's good to," I said as Lilly shook her head.

"Eve...I don't think that boy would ever hurt you I mean you found out last night the reason why you met him and I think it's sweet," she said as I looked at her. 

"He saw me outside our store carrying in boxes and wanted to talk to me," I said as she nodded her head.

"Yes and look how far it's come...he helped you carry in boxes and then returned the next day just to talk to you and get you coffee, then he kept showing up and admitted he liked you, then you guys kissed and you agreed to go on a date with him and now it's been a year and a month and you guys are so damn adorable together," she said as I giggled and nodded my head. 

"I know...where is  anyways," I asked looking around as they shrugged.

"I think I saw him walk into the kitchen so he might be talking to your parents," Nick said as I nodded my head and got off the couch. "Hey can you get me a water bottle while you're in there," he added as I nodded my head.

"Sure," I said before walking off to the kitchen. I yawned slightly and then went to walk in before I stopped hearing Joe whispering to my parent's making me arch my eyebrows, I stayed behind the wall and listened in wondering what they could be whispering about. 

"Just don't tell her then...she doesn't need to know," Aaron said as my father sighed. 

"I don't know about that Aaron...this is...this is big," he said as Joe sighed. 

"I'm asking you both to just stay quiet about everything okay...I don't want her knowing yet...I'll tell her on my own time when I'm ready," he said to my parent's. 

"But that means lying to our daughter Aaron...do you not realize what you're asking us to do here," my mother said. 

"I'm not saying you have to lie to her forever...I just need a little time before I tell her," he said as I sighed and walked into the kitchen. 

"Tell me what," I asked as Joe turned and looked at me as my father and mother looked at me to. "Tell me what," I asked again as they all, continued to just look at me with worried expressions on their faces. 

"What is going on...can someone please just tell me what you are talking about," I asked with worry in my voice now wondering why they were all being so quiet. "What don't you want to tell me yet," I asked as my father looked at his hands. "Aaron...what's going on," I asked him as Nick and Lilly appeared in the other doorway of the kitchen I guess they got curious on what was going on. 

"I...I," he started as I waited for him to continue. 

"What's going on," I asked as my father looked at me. 

"Hunny...please just let this go," he told me as I shook my head and looked at Aaron again. 

"What the hell is going on Aaron," I asked him as he looked at me. 

"I...I lied," he said as I looked at him confused. "We didn't meet the way that I said we did," he told me as I nodded my head. "I knew where you worked and who you were when I walked into your store," he told me as I nodded my head.

"Okay...so why did you want to meet me," I asked him as my heart started to race.

"Because I...I was," he started as I waited.

"We hired him," my mom said as I looked over at her.

"What," I asked with shock in my voice. "He was what," I asked them as my mother looked at me. 

"Your father and I hired him to talk to you...to show you that men aren't as bad as you think they are," he said as tears lined my eyes as I looked between my father, my mother and Aaron. "We just...we wanted..."

"Don't," I said cutting her off as I sniffed and shook my head.

"Eves," Aaron started as I shook my head and looked at him. 

"Shut up," I said to him as he looked at me. I took in a deep breath and shook my head as I sniffed and then looked at my parent's, "so this whole time you've been paying Aaron to stay with me." I said as my parent's stayed quiet, "so how much did you earn Aaron. Did they pay you everything up front or did they pay you in small sections...did they pay for every coffee you brought me...for every day you talked to me, every date we went on, every time you made me feel better...every time you slept with me..."

"Wait WHAT," my father shouted now as I glared at him. 

"Shut up," I said to him as I shook my head. "How could you do this to me Aaron...how could you not tell me about this...do you even like me at all," I said as he took a step closer to me.

"Evelyn..."

"Don't...I don't want an answer," I told him as I wiped away some of my tears. "None of you talk to me," I said to them before I walked out of the kitchen and ran to the stairs. 

"Eve," Nick said chasing after me with Lilly. 

"I don't want to talk right now Nick," I said as he grabbed my arm and looked at me. "Can you just take me home," I asked him as he nodded his head. "Thank you," I said before running upstairs and grabbing all my stuff packing as quickly as possible so I could leave and get the hell out of here. 

------------------------------

Comment Please