Chapter Sixteen: I trust you...

Evelyn's POV

"No...no Aaron you can't do that okay what I said the other day was wrong," I told him sitting up again as he looked at me. 

"What are you talking about Evelyn," he asked me as I sighed.

"I'm not suppose to tell you can't you just trust me on this...just don't quit the hospital," I told him as he sighed. 

"Eves this is my job here," he said as I nodded my head. "Alright...okay I trust you," he said as I nodded my head and lay down again. We sat there quietly for a little while as Joe continued to move his hand along my leg, I looked at the TV and then looked over at him again before looking at the TV and sat up again as Joe looked at me. 

"I talked to Dr. Evens," I said as his eyes went wide.

"WHAT," he yelled and even I could hear the anger. 

"Relax Aaron I basically just asked him why he hadn't hired you yet and he didn't want to tell me why but he ended up telling me anyways and I'm not suppose to tell you," I told him as he sighed.

"Is it good or bad," he asked me as I smiled.

"It's good," I told him as he nodded his head. "Do you want me to tell you," I asked him as he sighed.

"Eves I trust you okay and if you say that it'll be good then I can wait for it...however if you want to tell me I'd be okay with that to," he told me as I giggled and nodded my head.

"The reason why he hasn't hired you yet is because he's trying to train you in every ward...he's making sure that you know everything because as of February he's going to hire you on as an on call doctor and when you're not being called in you'll be helping in the pediatrics ward," I told him as he smiled.

"Really," he asked me as I nodded my head.

"Yes...as of February...you will have a job," I told him as he chuckled and kissed my lips as I giggled and kissed him back. 

"This is awesome...best day ever," he said as I giggled and kissed him again lying back on the couch as he hovered over me continuing to kiss my lips. 

"Mmm...I do have something else I want to ask you," I added in as he nodded his head. 

"Okay...and what's that," he asked as he moved his lips to my neck making me smile and close my eyes. 

"Dr. Evens said that you recently got a lot of money I know that he can't ask you where it came from but I was just wondering where you got it," I said as he stopped kissing me and looked at me.

"I didn't rob a bank if that's what you're implying," he said as I shook my head.

"No...no that's not what I meant," I said as he chuckled and shook his head.

"Eves it was just family money...Kevin worked out everything our parent's had saved up and he split it up between the two of us," he told me as I nodded my head. "I promise you that I'm not a criminal," he added in as I giggled and kissed his lips quickly.

"Good to know," I said as he chuckled and kissed my lips again as we stayed laying down on the couch kissing each other not pulling away anytime soon. 

---------

I got the matches out of the drawer and smiled as I lit one and then carefully lit the candles on the table, I smiled and blew out the match before I mixed the salad and set it down on the table. I removed my apron and then put my heels on before I looked over at the door as Aaron walked in and set his bag down along with his keys, he sighed and removed his jacket hanging it up before he turned and looked at me as I smiled.

"Wow...you look...wow," he said again as I giggled and walked over to him. 

"Really...just wow," I said as he chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Pretty, beautiful, gorgeous...sexy," he said before kissing me softly on the lips as I giggled and kissed him back. "Happy one year anniversary," he whispered to me as I smiled.

"Happy one year anniversary," I whispered back to him before I kissed him again. "Dinners all ready," I said as I walked to the kitchen as he held onto my hand and followed me.

"Mmm smells so good," he said as I smiled and took a seat as he sat down to. 

"So it's steak, baked potatoes and salad and you better like it all," I added in as he chuckled and shook his head.

"Eves...I'm a man I like everything," he said as I giggled and started eating as he did to. We continued to talk and laugh and enjoy the dinner and I would have to say that I loved anniversaries they are amazing, plus Aaron was being wonderful to which made everything really amazing. "You can cook anytime babe this is all so good," he said as I giggled and nodded my head. "You okay," he asked as I nodded my head.

"Yeah I just...I'm really enjoying tonight," I told him as he smiled and leaned over to me as I smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. I pulled away from him and got off my chair as Joe looked at me as I sat on his legs and brought my lips to his again, he kissed me back and ran his hands along my legs as I kept my hands on his neck deepening the kiss. He pulled away from me and moved some hair out of my face as I leaned my forehead against his and smiled, "what?"

"Nothing...I'm just...curious," he said as I giggled and shook my head. 

"Curious about what," I asked him as he kissed my forehead. 

"Curious about what brought this on...why you're sitting on my lap," he said as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Well...it's because I trust you," I told him as he nodded his head. "I'm not so worried anymore," I told him as he nodded before he looked at me as I smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. I held onto his neck and stayed in the kiss as he careful stood up keeping his hands on my legs as he carried me to the stairs. "The candles," I said as he chuckled. He set me down and walked to the kitchen blowing out the candles as I started up the stairs and to my room as he followed after me after locking the door and setting the alarm. I knew this is what I wanted and I knew that I was ready to be here with him, there was no more questioning it or wondering if this was a bad idea or not...I wanted to be with Aaron and I knew he wanted to be with me to.