Chapter Eight: I can wait

Evelyn's POV

I paced the store back and forth as I smiled to myself remembering the kiss from last night...it didn't last long but even in the short amount of time that it did last I felt amazing, one kiss with him and I was already hooked and smiling and feeling so much better.

"You alright there Eve," Lilly asked me as she slowly walked behind the counter. 

"Yeah I'm fine...what are you doing here you're suppose to be at home resting," I said as she shook her head.

"You've been ignoring me Eve so I figured I'd come in and do some work until you talked to me," she said as I laughed slightly and shook my head. "So you want to explain why you've been ignoring me," she asked as I sighed and leaned against the counter.

"I was jealous of you and Nick...seeing you guys engaged and excited it just...well it reminded me that I'm not even close to that yet," I told her as she sighed and shook her head.

"Eve I never meant to like rub it in your face that I was engaged and you weren't..."

"No...no I never said that I just thought of it myself...I'm really happy for you and Nick I was just sad because I want something like that," I admitted as she nodded her head.

"All right well...I'm here whenever you want to talk okay," she told me as I nodded my head and smiled. "And how about you start right now with why you keep smiling like that," she said as I nodded my head.

"You remember how you always talk about your first date with Nick and you said that it was the best date of your life...that when you look back on your memories together that'll be your best memory," I started as she nodded her head.

"Of course I tell everyone the first date story it's the moment that I fell in love with him," she said as I nodded my head. "Why," she asked as I smiled.

"I...well I have a really good story to tell you now," I said as a smile appeared on her face. 

"Really...and how good is this story," she asked as I nodded.

"Really good," I told her as she leaned against the counter and waited. "So I was here last night sad and lonely and feeling depressed and I wanted to call you but then I didn't cause I was to sad," I started as she nodded her head. "And then Aaron came by cause apparently you talked to him and told him I was sad so he came over to make sure I was okay," I said as she smiled and nodded her head. "And we talked for a bit and then...he kissed me and I'm not talking a really long kiss but a kiss that feels like it lasts forever even though it was only a minute," I said as she giggled.

"Wow...no wonder why you're smiling like crazy then...so you liked it then," she asked me as I nodded my head.

"Yes...of course...I still feel all tingly and this happened like twelve hours ago," I said as Lilly giggled again as I walked behind the counter and sighed as I leaned my arms on the desk. "I didn't want a relationship or to be with a guy right now cause I thought I needed a break but...I really want him," I said as Lilly laughed.

"Well then let him in...slowly of course cause you still gotta make him work for it but if he asks you out take things slowly...just be you," she said as I nodded my head.

"Fine...now go home and rest cause you really shouldn't be here," I told her as she nodded her head. "Good and call Nick and tell him to help you he can take some time away from work for now," I suggested as she shook her head.

"Can't...he has meetings all day long so I'm going to be all by myself," she said as I shook my head. "I'll see you later though and please visit me cause I get so bored sitting at home alone," she said as I nodded my head as she walked out and held the door open as Aaron chuckled and walked by her. 

"Well I'm glad you're feeling better," he told Lilly as she nodded her head. 

"Thank you," she said before walking off as Aaron shut the door behind him.

"Hey," he said walking over to the counter and leaning his arms on it so that way he was close to me. "And how are you," he asked as I smiled slightly and shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm all right...I'm working long hours but I'm all right," I answered as he nodded his head. 

"Well is there ever a time you have a day off," he asked as I shook my head.

"Unfortunately not...with Lilly not working I have to work extra hours which means I'm here till ten or eleven o'clock at night and I work at seven or eight so I'm busy all day long," I told him honestly as he nodded his head.

"What about weekends," he asked as I shook my head. 

"I hunt for sales and I have inventory now that I can't do it during the day cause I have no help," I answered as he nodded his head. "So I won't have days off until Lilly's back which won't be for another two whole weeks," I told him as he nodded his head.

"Well...as I said last night...I can wait," he said as I nodded my head. He set a coffee cup down on the counter and then backed up as I smiled and wrapped my hands around the cup as he backed up, he turned and walked out the door as I looked at the coffee cup and smiled before I sighed and went back to work. 

--------------------

Comment Please