Chapter 18

I open the refrigerator and look for any alcohol to drown myself in my sorrow. I spot a can of beer at the back of the fridge and grab it. Dad's last can. I flick it open and take my first drink. It burns my throat and makes it dry. But it feels good to let it all go down. I down it all in one shot, not stopping for a second. It feels good, I feel drunk.

"Water..." someone mumbles as I hear footsteps dragging along the floor.

The lights goes on and I hear a scream. "Delilah! What are you? What?!" My mom screams. Dad and Jackson come rushing down the stairs, obviously woken up by mom's scream.

I point at mom accusingly, "You! Are so purty today." Mom looks at me all weird like and grabs me by my shoulders. "Okay, let's get you upstairs."

I fling off her grip and fall to the ground, my makeup being ruined even more by tears. "He's leaving!"

"What do you think happened?" Dad says scratching his head. "It's obvious Dad. Boy problems." Jackson says.

"Oh hiii, you look really handsome. But not for long." I laugh to myself.
"Come on Delilah, let's get you cleaned up." Mom says again. "No! I want him to see me, why isn't he here yet?" I scream some more, making a ruckus.

"He? Who's he?" Dad says, not even knowing what is going on. "You've been so busy ever since we came here, haven't you? Well, Delilah got herself a boyfriend and I guess he broke off with her?" Mom continues.

"Boy problems I tell you." Jackson sighs before walking back upstairs.
"Should we call him?" Dad says looking down at me. "Call the boy?" Mom says again. Jackson runs back down and he starts to fluster. "Her boyfriend, whatever his name is...he's outside."

"Well open the door then, I want to see what his arsehole looks like." Dad cusses. "Don't go overboard Dad." Jackson says trying to calm Dad.

"Yeah I know. I'm old I should manage my health."

"Good that."

Dad opens the door and he stands there. Like time stopped. He stares at me and talks to my father for awhile.

Charlie's POV

"Good evening sir."

"I'm not in the mood to go all 'good' and 'sir' with you young man." he glared at me.

"Can I see her?" I plead.

"Sure, see." Delilah's dad says sarcastically. His hands are placed on the doorframe which blocks the doorway. I go under and his arms block me. "I thought you said I could see her?" I ask him again.

"Yeah, see is with your eyes."

"Please...I really need to talk to her."

He stops to think about it for a moment and finally lets me go close to her. Her mascara and smeared eyeshadow face still looks beautiful to me. What has she done to me? She looks at me and starts hitting me on the chest. "I deserve it." I pull her in for an embrace and she starts to hiccup.

Just adorable. "Let's take you upstairs, okay?

She nods her head quietly as I carry her in my arms, bridal style, up to her room. I open the door to her room and drop her on the bed. She sits up on her own and glares at me. "I hate you," She says while I grab a face towel from her wardrobe and bring it to her bathroom to wet it down. "Yeah I know." I squeeze out the excess water from the towel and wipe off her makeup. Her makeup smears even more making her face looking worse than it was before. Oops. I try to wipe it off again, and it smears off her face.
"This is not working." I mutter to myself. Her mother walks in and passes me a couple of cotton pads and a bottle which looks very foreign to me. "You don't use water to remove makeup. Use this." she smiles and walks off. I read the label and it reads 'Oil Makeup Remover.' Oh, so that's what you use. I pour out a small amount on the pad and applying it on her face. Her drippy mascara and eyeshadow and everything else starts to wipe off, showing me her bare face. She's still beautiful as ever.

"I look ugly without my makeup don't I?" she says letting out a sob. "No you don't. You look gorgeous." I smile at her with all the love I feel for her. "Why did you have to be I'm a relationship with me? Why did you have to make me fall in love with you?! Why!" She cries loudly. I stare at her, my eyes wide. "You love me?"

"Yeah!" She hits my chests again. I grab both of her wrists in my hands and shake her softly. "Hey, hey. We can make this work."

"We can?"

"Yeah."