Chapter 3

After class, while heading to the cafeteria,"What happened back there Delilah? Why did he stare at you with those eyes of his?" Soo Young asked.

"I'm not sure either Soo. I don't understand why did he have to talk to me on the bus. Why he had to stare at me that way. I just don't understand why." I say as I grab my head with both my hands shaking my head side to side.

"Relax Del, I'm your best friend right? I'll do something about it or...maybe not." she start jabbing my shoulder hard. "Look who's coming." She states.

"Delilah? Could we talk?" Charlie asks nervously.

"No. I don't want to. Go away." I cross my arms and look away. He grabs both my shoulders and turns me around. "Please. Don't force me to do it." he looks at me with worry.

I give in to his pleas and pat his back lightly then gesturing somewhere else. "Okay. Talk. Private."

He grabs my hand and pulls me. He brings me to the west side of the building where there are no sign students anywhere. I become scared and put my head down. He grabs my chin and bores his eyes into mine. he examines me closely. I can feel his warm breath from here.

I'm too scared of what will happen to even talk. He slams me into the lockers which makes a loud bang that sends ringing sounds across the corridor. "Why? Why don't you like me?"

"Charlie...I...I..." I stutter. If I don't tell him how I feel about him truly, or else he'll continue to pursue me. I have to say it out straight out to him. "I like you Charlie, but just not like that. Just as a friend. Nothing more."

His hands releases the trap he has made on me. "Oh. I see."

"I'm sorry Charlie, that I wasn't able to give you what you wanted." I apologize and walk away back to the cafeteria. Some of the snotty cheerleaders and Soo Young came up to me. "Del, what happened?" I just smiled at her. She knew me well quickly. She would wait for me to tell her and not her begging to know. That's one the things I love about her.

"Hey bitch! Who do you think you are to touch my Charlie!" Snotty cheerleader #1 said.

"Yeah I did! Why do you have to give a fuck about who I touch? Am I your dog or something?" I scream at her noticing Charlie at the cafeteria entrance. Tears started to prick my eyes as I mouthed to him, "You started this." He probably understood because he started to stumble behind.

"Excuse me?" I looked at Snotty Cheerleader #1 from the side of my eye. She moved away quickly only to rerun back to her table. I walk past Charlie but he grabs me by the shoulder. "I'm sorry. That I started this. But I want this to continue. I want to pursue you until you fall in love with me."

My tears that I've held flow and I slap him hard. "Asshole! Sorry was the end point but you just had to add that?!"

It was true. How could he force love on others when they don't feel the same back?

My memories at my old school in Orlando start to reappear before me. I remember that I had a crush on Brenton. The new guy from Norway. I stuck to him like glue even though he didn't like me. I was ugly and fat with no curves at that time. Nobody wanted me but I wanted someone.

Now, I'm 17. I'm being wanted by somebody. That's him. He's Charlie Hemmings. Known to be one of the hottest guy in Fillmore High, the captain of the football team and he's a

senior in high school and he wants me.