Chapter 16

"Delilah Chase?" the Geography teacher looks up to me after looking at his book. "Okay. I grab my backpack and leave the classroom. I arrive at the door to see Charlie standing there. He spots me and open his arms for an embrace. I run over to him to give him the hug that he asked for. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to receive my crown too, didn't you hear my name?" He says.

"No I didn't." I chuckle and smile at him brightly. He smiles at me as well and pushes my hair behind my ear with his hands. "Let's go in." he turns the doorknob and the principal is sitting there with two of the crowns sitting in their glass boxes waiting to be worn on. "You're here. Well, congratulations." the principal says patting Charlie on the back and trying to give me a hug but decides not to in the end. He opens the box that holds the crowns and places the crown on my head first. He then crowns Charlie.
"I'd expect for you to wear it for the whole day." the principal says rather sternly.

"Okay." Charlie and I say in unison.

"Now go, I'm a busy man." he shoos us out from his room. The both of us leave the room immediately and suddenly, everyone starts jumping out from nowhere. They're cheering loudly and numerous amounts of people give us hugs over and over. The cheerleaders on the other hand, gave me bitchy stares. "Now you guys are the really the Prom King and Queen!" Soo Young squeals in delight rushing over with her backpack hanging over her shoulders only to be snatched away by Sam.

"What is all this? How'd you get out of class? Every single one of you that is." Charlie looks around the now filled corridors. "This is like a scene out of a movie." he continues.

"We've got our ways." Julian snickers, nudging his elbow into Sam's rib. Charlie and I look at each other and then back at Julian, this went on for sometime. Then, Soo Young steps up and explains. "We kinda had this whole thing planned with the help of Mr. Geography teacher and Mr. Principal. As soon as you left, well, I think you know what happened."

"Thank you guys so much!" I give Soo Young a hug, pulling in Sam and Julian. "Woah! Easy!" Sam says as I pull him in. "What about me? Don't I get a hug?" Charlie whines.

The four of us break the hug and stare at him, unamused replying straight out:

"No." Then we all break into giggles. I pull Charlie in for the last friendship group hug as everyone disperses from the corridors. "Let's go back, classes still go on as usual." Julian says releasing himself. We nod and start walking back to our respective classes.

******

"OMG! This is so delicious! How'd you make this?" I gaze at him. "Got the recipe from my momma." he says plating another serving for Keith.
Charlie made cheese risotto for dinner and damn, was it delish. Exaggerating, definitely worth it. "Is this your first time making it?"

"You can say so. To prepare all of the ingredients and cooking it by myself is definitely a first. But I did help my mom here and there for the ingredients when I was younger."

"You could be a chef!" I squeal.

"Nah, I'd rather do something else. To me, cooking is just a hobby. Not a profession." He states out. "What's up with you coming here?"

"Homework! I need your help." I stutter a little bit as I say.

"You can't lie. Don't lie." He says as he makes an unamused face. "What's the main reason?"

I took a few steps closer to him and stand on my tiptoes to be at equal height with him. "I just want to...spend some time with you." He widens his eyes in surprise before snaking his hands on my waist then wrapping me in his arms. "Yeah, me too."

"Delilah, I'm hungwy." Keith says as he walks in to the kitchen. He closes his eyes immediately before running out again, accidentally hitting himself on the head on the doorframe. "Keith!" I run over and start massaging his wound area. "Does it hurt bad?" Charlie asks crouching down to look at Keith. "No, I"m Superman so I don't feel any pain!" Keith says shooting his arms out like Superman himself.

"Superman gets hurt too." I say pouting my lips. "But he is still stwong, right?" Keith says looking at me and then to Charlie. "Yeah, he is. Come, have dinner now." Charlie says picking up Keith to carry him in his arms. "Cheese!" Keith squeals. I look into the pot as we pass by to see a large amount of risotto inside.

How are we going to finish this? I thought to myself.

"My cousin is coming over later with his friend or so he states." Charlie says shoving a spoonful of risotto in his mouth. "So that's why you made a big serving."

"What's his name?" I ask him after feeding a spoonful to Keith.

"Henry Stanford. He's my maternal cousin."