Chapter 2

Sarah finished the story, "And that's when I woke up."

Mark looked at her, "That's quite a story."

“I told you we fell in love and that whatever happened didn’t happen.” Sarah said as she kicked a stick into the fire.

“Well some of that stuff can happen.” Mark said as he got up real quick and went to get some more wood.

“What do you mean?” Sarah got up and chased him.

“Well a lot of that still can happen. Like we can fall in love.” he said and picked up a big pile of wood and carried it over by the fire.

Sarah, when she got back by the fire, set back down where she’s been sitting. “I’m going to miss my tail.” Sarah hugged herself.

“Really? Out of all that you’re gonna miss your tail?”

“Have you ever just had a tail just hanging there?” Sarah said sniffling. “No, you have not!”

“Well…” Mark said shrugging.

“If it wasn’t a dream you better tell me!” Sarah screamed.

“Seriously?” Mark looked at her.

“Ugh!” Sarah got up and stormed off.

Mark let her go for a little while. All she did was go off into the woods and put her head up against the tree bickering.

Mark got up and started setting up a tent, that he brought. He then kicked some of the embers back in the fire and started to head towards Sarah slowly.

Sarah was crying, “You have no idea how much I want it to be real.”

Mark didn’t say anything because he didn’t know what to say. He walked closer to Sarah and started to hug her but she pushed him away and continued crying on the tree.

“You know I’m sure my shoulder is more comfortable than bark.” Mark said smiling a bit.

Sarah chuckled but was still crying, “But I am a tree hugger!”

“Yes this is true,” Mark said, “But i’m sure you don’t want that spider crawling down your shirt.”

Sarah quickly turned around and hugged Mark and looked back at the tree. “What spider?”

Mark laughed, “There isn’t a spider.”

Sarah slapped him and hugged him before he could really react and then they stayed there for what seemed like hours. There was a few owls hooting and crickets began to chirp. Then they decided to head back to their little camp area.

They both got into the tent and like separated themselves.

Mark spoke before Sarah drifted to sleep, “Hey, what would you do if it was real?”

“I’d slap you for not telling me right away and then kiss you.” Sarah said drowsily.

“Well, you know you haven’t even worried about your mom. You said she died, why didn’t you want to go see her?” Mark asked concerned.

Sarah was already asleep she began to snore and rolled over towards Mark putting her head on his chest.

Mark let out a deep breath and shook his head, I really hope things work out right. Mark was thinking to himself as he closed his eyes. If things don’t work out. I always have a backup plan. He smiled and listened to a dove cooing by. Dove.