Dr. Finn

A few days later, I walked into the large building that held my new office. The glass windows went from the floor to the ceiling, illuminating the room with sunlight. As I stepped out of the elevator, I walked down the hallway looking for the door that said 'Dr. Finn'. He was my soon to be new boss. Once I was at the correct place, I opened the door to see exactly what I saw in the pictures; a modern, beautiful looking office. I was greeted by one of the staff members who brought me around the clinic, giving me a tour. I was then taken to the end of the hall where Dr. Finn's office was located. 

***

"One last thing" Dr. Finn said. We had been talking and getting to know each other for about half an hour now. "I would like to supervise one of your cleanings just to see how you work with patients and all that. I do it to everyone I hire." he said. I nodded my head, showing that I understood where he was coming from. "You could bring someone in if you'd like but we also have patients here that you can examine. I'll do it first thing Monday morning just to get it out of the way but after that, I'll be out of your hair."

We chatted a little bit more about what I should expect on Monday since it will be my first day. I really liked him and how professional he was. With a quick handshake, I was out the door. 

Instead of driving home, I made my way to downtown L.A. where Shawn was. Currently, he's working on making his next music video which is taking up a lot of his time. I drove over, along with picking up two smoothies, and entered the lot. As I saw his car, I knew I was at the right place. I asked the security guard for directions to his section of the building since the whole place looked like one big rubik's cube. 

"Up on the seventh floor, take a right and it should be on your left" he said kindly. As I stepped off the elevator, I followed his instructions and found my way to the studio. As I walked in, everyone said hello. I've met most of them before and everyone was very kind. I handed Shawn his smoothie and took a seat to his left. They talked more about the video which was more interesting than I thought it would be. 

"Okay, everyone, let's take a break" Andrew said. Most of the people at the table got up and dispersed in various directions but I stayed put. So did Shawn. 

"How was your meeting with Dr. Finn?" he asked. I smiled and told him about how much I loved the new office. "Aww, I'm so happy for you." he responded, giving my hand a squeeze. 

"There is one thing though" I said and his eyes perked up. "Dr. Finn want's to view one of my exams just to see how I work and all and he said I can bring in my own patient. Would you possibly be my patient even though I just gave you a cleaning? I would feel way less nervous".

He smiled and nodded his head, "Of course".

***

Soon enough, the meeting ended. Shawn and I walked hand in hand to the parking lot, looking at the beginning of the sunset. I ended up driving to his house where he cuddled on is couch. 

"So when do I get to be your little patient again?" he asked, kissing my neck. I turned my head to meet his eyes.

"First thing Monday morning" I smiled. I loved getting to examine him. 

"And all I have to do is show up and let you do your thing?" he asked. I nodded my head 'yes' and cuddled closer into his warm body. He pulled me into his chest where I laid my head. After a minute or two, I felt his fingers on my chin. He lifted my head up and directed it towards his face. I closed my eyes and felt his lips touch mine.