First Date

I opened the door, seeing Shawn right away. His eyes widened as he saw me. He was dressed very nicely and I could smell his cologne from where I was standing. 

"You look amazing." he said, which made my face turn red. 

"Thank you, you look great too." I smiled. "Let me grab my things real quick, you can come in if you'd like". He stepped inside, closing the door behind him. Abby came out from inside my bedroom and went to shake his hand.

"Hello, I'm Abby. You must be Shawn." she grinned. 

"That's me, it's very nice to meet you." he said in return. They continued to talk as I went to grab my purse. I saw Paisley prancing down the stairs, making her way to the living room. 

Soon enough, I had all my things and was ready to go. I returned back to Shawn and Abby, who were playing with Paisley on the floor. 

"Have fun on your date!" Abby said. "And remember, be home no later than twelve" she called, half-jokingly, winking at Shawn. 

"Thanks Abby, lock up when you leave" I returned, and with that, we were out the door. 

Shawn opened the door of his car for me and I slid inside. I could sense his excitement through his facial expressions. "So where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." he grinned. As he drove, we each talked and asked many questions, learning more about each other. I learned more about his family and what it was like growing up in Toronto, which was surprisingly interesting. He asked about my family and I went quiet for a few seconds.

"Well, I've lived in California my whole life. I am an only child which was pretty boring, especially when I was young. My dad passed away when I was a teenager so it has just been my mom and I for awhile. We have always been really close and she's definitely my best friend. She lives in Sacramento now." I said turning to him. I continued to tell him more stories from when it was just my mom and I.

"I am sorry to hear about your father" he said. "I would love to meet your mother one day, she sounds lovely." he said, leaning over and touching my hand. 

"She is." I smiled, interlocking my fingers into his. "She is actually going to be in town in a few weeks, right around when you have your surgery." I said. 

"Oh yah, I forgot about that." he huffed. I laughed and he shook his head. "So the only chance I have to meet your mom, I am going to be loopy and swollen?" he asked.

"Yes." I laughed. "But she won't care, I promise". He sighed and turned his attention back on the road. "And besides, I am assisting on your surgery so I will make sure you get the best treatment." I smiled. 

 ***

We pulled up to one of my favorite restaurants and I squeezed his hand. "How did you know I love this place?" I asked. He grinned and shrugged.

"I guess I just sensed it." he smiled.

We walked inside and the waiter took as to a booth. 

"I know I already told you this, but you look amazing" he said. 

"Thank you" I blushed. His eyes were twinkling in the dim lights that surrounded us. 

1 HOUR LATER

We talked nonstop while eating our food and the time flew by. The rush of excitement never left my body and every once and awhile, I would feel the butterflies in my stomach. We finished up and the waiters cleared our table. He payed then got up to walk out. 

"Would you like to go for a walk?" he asked. Instead of answering, I grabbed his hand and started walking down the street. The light breeze blew, blowing my hair into my face. Shawn laughed as we kept walking, taking in the scene of the beautiful night sky. The city was lit with lights from the buildings and the noises of society took place around us. Everything was peaceful and I wanted this moment to last a lifetime. 

We reached the end of the street, which brought us to a park. We took a seat at a bench and sat in silence, still enjoying the peace of night. 

"I had a great time, Rachel" Shawn said. I turned towards him, grabbing his arm, and gazed into his eyes. 

"Me too." I said. We stared at each other for a few seconds, lust filling our eyes. He was so beautiful and I couldn't help but feel my heart race. I leaned in, getting closer and closer to him. I closed my eyes as I felt out lips touch. The feeling of magic took over my body.