"Elle?" She was surprised. "I haven't heard from you since you moved out?"

"Dad's out of jail," I ignored her other comment and went straight to the point. "Be careful."

She paused for a moment, "Listen to me closely. Get a restraining order against your father. For you, your husband and your kids. I already have one, Elle he can't hurt me but you have to get a restraining order." She hung up the phone immediately.

I turned around and the boys were all looking at me. "Who was that?" Spencer walked towards me. "Why do we have to be careful, mom."

"Sit down, boys," Wiley walked towards me, "you can tell them."

Our kids sat down and Me and Wiley followed them. "My dad is out of jail... I've never told you about him because he isn't good, but when me and my brother were very young he'd hurt us and our mom. Hurt us until we begged him to stop and hurt my brother until I done fainted from seeing it. He got sent to prison, and he just got out."

Patrick gave me a hug but Spencer just sat there, "you have a brother?"

Wiley and I looked at each other but we shook our heads because of Patrick. He's only ten. "Hey Patrick, how about you go take a shower and get ready for bed?" Wiley coaxed Patrick away from us.

"I know all of dad's siblings, mom. How come-"

"Enough, Spencer. Your dad didn't live the same life as Elle. Listen to your mom." Wiley got annoyed and sat back.

"His name was Peter. He's nine years older than me, and when we were kids he promised he'd do anything to protect me." I started to say. I heard Wiley huff a chuckle and shake his head. "When I was 16 so just a little older than you, Peter walked in on the leader of the Coyotes beating me up."

"It was real brutal," Wiley shook his head.

"If you were there why didn't you stop it?" Spencer looked at Wiley.

"This guy was named Luther Sebastian and he was our leader, Spencer. Anyone who would have tried to stop it would have gotten it worse than her."

"Anyway," I continued, "Peter saw, sent me home and killed L.S." Spencer gasped. "Both your dad's and your uncle Steve witnessed it."

"Is that how you became the leader?" Spencer sat back. Now he's interested.

"No. Peter was the gang leader for a little bit. Later, after me and Sodapop broke up the first time, Steve came by to yell at me for cheating on him. When Steve left, Peter got mad at me." I glanced at Wiley and locked my hand in his. "Back in the 60s girls weren't anything compared to guys. I mean this is the 80s, so of course its a lot better now but girls were very low. Peter didn't take his anger pills, he was drunk, he was high, and he started beating me. He raped me." I explained.

Spencer's eyes widened then softened. "You were 16? And he was 25?"

"That was legal back then. 16 was legal age. But yes. I fainted before I felt anything but I woke up and knew what happened. Later your dad and his old gang came by to apologize, found out what happened and they called 911. Some Coyotes jumped Peter for it, we both went to the hospital and he went to jail. He was put on death row because I told that police chief, Steve, that Peter murdered him all alone. So with the murder and rape, he was executed at the end of the year. After he went to jail, I was asked to be gang leader. I was 16 and a girl but Wiley really pushed me to."

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't know any of that." Spencer stood up.

"Hey, wait until your dad is here. We can tell you about the time me and him both got shot."

"Hey, I was there," Wiley chuckled, "and I was gonna push you out of the way but I was too late.

I rolled my eyes, "you all were too late." I stood up and walked towards Spencer. "I give you a hard time about how you act, Spence. I was a bad teen myself and I don't want you following in my footsteps."

Spencer hugged me and I smiled. He hasn't hugged me in so long. "I'm sorry about your brother."

"I've gotten over it," I ruffled his brown hair, "if we run into my dad we will file a restraining order, other than that I'm raising you to give you the opposite of the life I had."

"Did dad have this exciting of a life?" Spencer looked curious now.

"Sodapop or Wiley?"

"Either one," Spencer shrugged.

"Me? No. But I was 22 when your mom was 16. We were only friends up until the day you were born." Wiley pulled Spencer into a hug. "And I thank you for that."

"Sodapop and I spent a lot of our life together. It was quite the ride," I chuckled. "But you have the rest of my life to hear these stories, Spence. And next time you see Soda, give him a hard time about dumping me when we were 16," I grinned.

"You're petty," Wiley followed me down the hallway and I laughed.