Chapter 19

I woke up lying next to my bed with my sheets intertwined all around me. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I wanted the house to be quiet but it wasn't. I was angry at myself. I tore the sheets away from me, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. I felt disgusting. Disgusted with myself.

As I walked across the hall to get to the bathroom I made eye contact with my older brother sitting in the living room. He quickly looked away so I went into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I got in and turned the water to scolding. I wanted him off of me. I grabbed the bar of soap and a rag and began rubbing my skin. I glanced down at my torso only for a second but I saw the bruises. Scattered around my thighs, chest and down there, there was a good amount of bruises.

Some people consider what Dallas did to me rape. That wasn't rape. This was. Who fucking cares that Dallas took advantage of me? If people found out that my older brother raped me though, lord knows he'd be dead. Not a lot of people actually like me for who I am. But I do have the Brumly's, I do have the White Blades, and if the Coyotes found out that their leader raped his little sister, yeah they'd rebel as well. If not dead, definitely in the hospital and 100% in prison. I'd let him rot in there with our father.

I rubbed the towel over my body for the whole length of my shower, and when I was done I shut the water off and avoided seeing myself in the mirror as I wrapped my towel around me. I opened the bathroom door and a couple of the Coyotes were wandering around my room.

I avoided eye contact and held my towel tighter around my body. I opened my closet door and pulled out a pair of shorts and an old t-shirt. I dropped the shirt to the floor when I realized it was Sodapop's and took out other. I can't have any guy on me.

"Gonna get dressed right here?" A Coyote smirked and sat on my bare mattress.

I rolled my eyes at him but didn't speak. I walked out of my bedroom so I could change in the bathroom, and I stopped in my tracks. Sodapop was standing in front of me, some of his gang stood in the living room.

I quietly moved past Soda and he sighed, "Elle, can we talk?"

I had my hand on the bathroom door and tears welled in my eyes. If we talk, I'm gonna tell him. And I don't think he's gonna wanna see. I mean, I don't want him to see. It's humiliating. My own brother just haunted me for the rest of my life.

"Elle," Soda put his hand on my shoulder and I flinched. He jerked his hand away, "what the hell?"

I glanced down the hallway, to see if Peter was even here still and he wasn't sitting in the living room. All the White Blades except Dally and Darry were sitting on my couch. The Coyotes were still in my room. I opened the bathroom door and turned around so I was facing Sodapop. I began sobbing as I slowly unwrapped my towel from my body. The more I exposed, the more Soda's eyes widened.

"Oh my-" he gasped.

A couple of seconds later the Coyotes were in the bathroom doorway as well, "damn you-" he stopped speaking when he saw my bruises. I wrapped the towel back around me.

Soda walked towards me but I backed up. He stopped and ran his hands over his face, then closed the bathroom door so we were alone. "Elle I need you to tell me who raped you..."

I shook my head and it began spinning. I still haven't said a word since I woke up. Soda grabbed me in his arms when I stumbled backward like I was falling over.

"No!" I screamed and let myself sob. I wrestled myself from his arms and Sodapop fully backed up.

"Okay," he put his hands up, "get dressed. I'll turn around," he slowly turned towards the door and rested his head against it.

I put my clothes on, "I'm so sorry..." I muttered.

"Baby, no," he turned around once he knew I was changed, "I just need to know who touched you so I can take care of it."

"This is so humiliating," I put my hands over my face and leaned against the bathroom counter. "No one's gonna want me after this."

"Who the hell did this, Elle?!" Sodapop yelled. I looked at him for a moment and could tell he was getting angry. "Does Peter know about this?!" I didn't do or say anything. I stared at Soda and he got angrier by the second. "It was him, wasn't it? That's why he was so quick to leave when we got here?"

"Soda..." I sighed but he just walked out of the bathroom. I followed him.

"Where the hell did he go, Elle?!" Sodapop hit his fist against the wall.

"Woah, Soda," Steve stood up and walked towards us, "calm down."

"Calm down!? I can't even touch her without her flinching and screaming!" He went into the kitchen and wrestled through drawers. He came out with our sharpest knife.

"Soda put it down. I'm fine," I walked towards him but he turned around and hit the blade of the knife against his hand.

"He raped you, Elle!"

"What?" Steve walked towards me, "Peter?"

I didn't speak. The whole room was looking at me. The three Coyotes that were still left behind, my ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend, the rest of the White Blades, and Peter who just walked through the door.

"Steve get the knife," I backed against the wall and waited for all hell to break loose. Steve tackled Soda and they got sent rolling across the floor. The Coyotes walked towards their leader.

One rubbed his hands together, "we should have known about you," he spoke. "A murderer always turns out to be something more than a murderer."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Peter walked past his Coyotes.

"You raped Elle!" Sodapop yelled and broke free from Steve's grip. "I could kill you for how you hurt her!"

Peter looked at me and glared, "you told him?!" He walked towards me so I backed up slowly.

"Don't touch her," one of his Coyotes shoved him towards the couch. "We do a lot of things, Peter. But we don't rape. We don't rape children especially."

"I want him to live to meet my father in prison. Men in prison don't praise rapists. They'll kill him in there and I can't wait for the day," I wiped my tears away from my face. "andrai all'inferno, Peter."

"sei una troia," Peter clenched his fists, "pagherai."

Ponyboy got to the phone and dialed for the police. Not long later, not only was Peter severely beaten up, but he was handcuffed to a stretcher and I was also asked to be taken in for examination. I didn't want to ride in the same ambulance as Peter, so a cop escorted me and Sodapop to the hospital in his car.