Chapter 2

Sodapop's POV
Me and Dal parted ways after a couple minutes. He ran off to go fuck with whoever and I made my way to nowhere in particular. My hands were a mess, my face ain't too far off, just a bloody nose but man do I hurt.

"Babe," Elle caught up to me. Damn... I thought she was at my place with the rest of them. I kind of ignored her, I kept walking with my eyes planted on my bloody fists. "Sodapop, talk to me," Elle grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"What, Elle?" I snapped, which was probably out of line.

"What's the matter with you?" she looked sad now.

I kept my eyes on her for a moment then shrugged, "guys don't like hearing that their best friend wants to fuck his girlfriend, Elle. This is why I tell you not to wear your skirts so damn low. You're hot, Elle. Anyone with eyes for women would be crazy not to swoon over you."

"Soda, you don't think I don't go crazy when girls gather around your work just to stare at you, when girls dare their friends to ask you out because as of now you're "single". That I dont go crazy when we're sitting with the gang and one of them wants you to go talk to a girl or you take your shirt off and girls suddenly become your best friend?" she looked at me for a moment then looked away, "as long as we're keeping this a secret, it's going to be hard on both parties."

"I know..." I huffed, "we've been doing this for almost a year, I'm surprised they haven't caught on."

"Well, Pony did start to ask me questions like two months ago," she shrugged, "he noticed us being gone at semi the same times, he says he knows you sneak out at night but he doesn't know where to. He asked me if there was anything between us and I told him no but we have to be careful around that kid. He's smart," she chuckled.

"I'll keep that in mind," I nodded my head then glanced around, "let's go to your place. Have you clean me up then we can have some fun." She smiled at me and we began walking towards her place.

-

Elle laid under me with her eyes closed as I kissed her neck. Her record player was playing The Platters and for once, her mom wasn't home. I strayed away from her neck, my lips grazed her shoulder, her collarbone, then her chest. I looked up at my girlfriend and gave her a smile.

"Do you think we'll ever tell them?" She traced her finger on the vain on my forearm.

I perched myself up and shrugged my shoulders, "y'know, babe... If it comes to it, but I ain't in a rush to have them knowing."

"This feels so custom now. You know... Normal. Y'know the only people who truely knows about this is my mom, and Peter, and its been that way for a long time."

I smiled and sat up, kissed her lips and laid myself next to her, "I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else."

We began kissing again, her hand rested on the zipper of my jeans and I unclasped her bra. Our lips synchronized and our tongues became a part of the mix. We kissed slowly, taking every moment in, listening to music and holding eachother. Romantic. Things led to more things. My fingers worked over her panties, the more I rubbed, the more passionate our kiss got. She gripped at the waistband of my jeans every time she felt like moaning, not wanting to break our kiss.

The kiss finally broke when I maneuvered my hand down her panties, her mouth opened and she moaned into my ear. Her long fingernails pressed into the skin on my side and her legs twitched. Her back started arching and right as she moaned louder than before, the doorbell rang.

"Fanculo," she cursed and sat up. The whole moment... Ruined.

-

Elle's POV

-

With our luck, the one time we're having sex and it's romantic instead of quick and wild, we get interrupted. I got off the bed and pulled my jeans and Sodapop's shirt on. I kissed Soda on the lips and went to the door to answer it. The bell rung again as I was about to open the door.

"Took you long enough," Steve walked in with Two-bit and Dally behind him. Fuck...

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I panicked and hoped they wouldn't notice Sodapop's shirt on me.

Dally plopped onto the couch, "we couldn't find Soda so we decided to come hang with you."

"I'm not in the mood to hang out," I grabbed my remote out of Two-bit's hands and shoved him towards the door.

"Man, chick must be on her period," Dally chuckled and put his feet up on the coffee table, "we just bored that's all, hun."

"Have you talked to Soda at all? We lost him after the fight, we hoped you two were hanging out or something," Steve opened the pantry in my kitchen to find some snacks.

"No, he's probably not wanting to talk to me since I'm the one he had to save," I took a bag of chips from Steve's hands and closed the pantry door, then pushed him to the door. "Get out of my house."

"Elle, I was thinking me and you could go out, maybe see a movie or watch a rodeo or something. Dally's riding in one this next weekend, we could go," Steve leaned against the doorframe of the front door while the three were leaving.

I stared at him for a moment, "a date?"

He nodded his head, "y'know, you haven't had a date in a while and I've been eyeing you lately. I like you, Elle."

"Steve... I'm flattered, but I like someone already... I uh," I thought quickly, "we met a couple days ago at that car race thing y'all brought me to... I'm sorry."

He rolled his eyes and shut the door so I didn't have to. I sighed, happy they're gone and I went back to my bedroom. Sodapop was flipping through my records so I smiled and walked over to him.

"You can play Elvis if you want, I know you like him a lot," I kissed his cheek and sat next to him. "Uh, Steve just asked me out."

"Steve asked you out?" Soda put the box down and moved the hair from his eyes.

I nodded and stood up, "I said no, and made an excuse that I like someone that I met at the race the other day... He looked bummed."

"Damn him..." Soda muttered and laid back on my bed.