Chapter 7

Sodapop's POV

-

"I know she's our friend and everything, but don't be a cock block," Steve shut my bedroom door and ran his hands through his bark brown hair, "I really like her some, and I know she's lying about having someone."

I felt my heart ache as I listened to my best friend confess his undying love for my girlfriend. I walked to my bed and sat down, not saying anything in fear of exposing my relationship. The air was cool but man was I sweating.

"Buddy?" Steve crossed his arms, "what's goin' on?"

I felt my mouth dry up as I tried to speak. I rubbed my hands over my face, "I just don't think you and her is a good idea."

"Why, you have the hots for her too?" Steve cocked an eyebrow. I glanced at him and sighed so he jumped to conclusions, "damn it, Sodapop you could have any girl you choose and you want the one I have my eyes on?"

"I didn't say shit, Steve. I don't have a crush on Elle. I just think it'll end bad. Her older brother is a Coyote now. And she told us she was a pup for a little bit. That gets her closer and closer to being a Coyote. Coyotes date Coyotes." I lied. I may not have finished school, but I know how to trick my best bud. I know how to tell half lies.

Steve sighed and sat down, "she was actually a pup? I thought y'all were joking, why ain't she tell any of us this?"

I put my head in my hands and groaned, "she made me keep it a secret. Steve, find someone else to crush on because if she was once a pup, and since her brother is a Coyote, it could very well happen and I don't wanna see her break your heart."

Steve chuckled, "gee, Soda, I ain't fallin' in love with the girl. She's hot, man. And we been friends just long enough to where she's seen my body apposed to my hellhouse of a face," Steve grinned and rubbed his hands together, "that Italian broad has one hell of a body. I want it."

I started getting angry as my best friend talked about my girl's body. Hell yeah it's great, but it just makes me think he's not the only one who sees that in her. Boys are shitheads. I don't need my girl to be off fucking some boy because he thinks she's hot.

I elbowed Steve, "quit talking about her like that."

"Come on, man," Steve put his elbows on his knees, "close your eyes and think about her with her clothes off. Now think about having her on top of you." I watched Steve having his eyes closed and I rolled my eyes.

I stood up, "does everyone talk about Elle like this?" I ran my hands through my chocolate brown hair.

"We all wanna know what its like to be between her legs, Soda. You can't say you ain't thought about it."

"No, Steve!" I yelled. "I'm sorry I don't disrespect her that much, Steve but she's our friend and I'm not having day dreams about her."

Steve huffed and stood up as well, "she's a girl, Sodapop. She ain't even in our gang she just hangs around plenty. I don't know what you're getting so fired up about but maybe you need to take a walk or something."

I shook my head, getting more frustrated, "Sei stupido o cosa?!" I swung the door opened and walked out, "we're leaving, Elle."

"She doesn't have to listen to you," Steve followed after me and grabbed my shoulder to hold me back.

Since I was already fired up, I turned around and shoved Steve away from me. Elle stood up and walked towards us but me and Steve both knew it was just between us.

"I don't wanna hurt you, man," Steve muttered and clenched his fingers into a fist.

I turned around and grabbed Elle by the wrist, "let's go."

"Leave her alone," Steve grabbed her other wrist and yanked her towards him. She looked at me not knowing what to do.

I let go of her wrist and shoved Steve again, "as much as you like her, it won't make her like you back."

"As much as you tell me you don't think about getting in her pants, I see how you stare at her," Steve defended.

I gridded my teeth together and rolled my neck so it popped, "you have no clue what the hell you're talking about."

"You stare at her ass like the rest of us. The only difference is you don't talk about it with us like we all do. Even Ponyboy comments on how hot she is but you're too fucking cocky to say anything," he said this all in front of Elle. Elle's face changed from worried, to mad and I saw everything coming.

Elle turned and slapped Steve, "that's because Sodapop is my fidanzato and has been for nearly a year," she ran out of the house probably humiliated with what Steve was saying about her.

Steve looked at me and his face fell blank, but I just stood with my mouth cracked open that she just told Steve about us. I then realized that she ran out of the house alone, so I bolted out the door to catch up with her.

"Elle!" the brisk fall air hit my face and I ran in the direction of her house. Once I caught up to her, I grabbed her wrist and panted, "I didn't know any of them talked about you like that or I would have stopped it."

"Dally knows about us too," she looked down at her feet then back up to my face, "he showed up to my house with some Brumly's after you left, told them not to sit on my bed, he found out why but not who, so when you told me you left your stuff at my house he put the pieces together."

I frowned at the sight of tears in her eyes. Elle is tuff, and let me just tell you she doesn't cry. We stood in the cool wind. She put her hands over her face to shield me from seeing her cry, so I wrapped my arms around her. We've gone a year without anyone finding out about us, but the worst one just found out and I don't know if he's gonna tell the rest of the gang.

Elle sobbed silently with her face in my chest. Her arms wrapped around my torso and I could only tell she was crying by the way her body was moving. When I say she's never cried in front of me, I mean it. I've known her for plenty of years, and in all those years I've never seen her cry and I don't think any of the gang has either.

What Steve said was pretty bad though. It got out that all seven of us basically drool over her body. She hates when I comment on how hot she looks because she doesn't want to think I'm with her for her body only. So knowing that all of her so called friends constantly make sexual remarks has to be tough on her ego.