Chapter 26 - Confessions

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes as I typed. He is not only passing my barriers but he is trying to forcefully enter my life.

Me: Who are you anyway? Because I know for a fact that people that know me would never speak to me like this.

CrazyAboutMyself: I'm a boy ;). Ofcourse, from my writing, you probably realised that by now and if you didn't, then, you're pretty stupid for a brunette.

Me: No, I mean, what's your name? And, are you stalking me? How would you know that my hair is brown? It could be blond or black, or purple, you can't know.

CrazyAboutMyself: That doesn't matter. And, you just revealed your hair color. It's one of my many simple tricks. You say something about a person and then, they will feel offended by that statement so they will tell you the truth. Therefore, now I 100% know that you are a brunette.

Once I read what he wrote I remained frozen, not being able to reply back so I turned off my phone and carefully put it on my nightstand.

I am so going to block this stranger after my phone charges. Who is he to say that I'm way to depressed? Who is he to play mind games with me? But most importantly, who is he to judge me like that without even knowing my name or anything else about me?

"Emma! Our guests are here!" I heard my mom yelling.

Ok, breath, you can do this. I took the gifts that I've got for him, his mom and his sister.

It was Christmas Eve so tomorrow it will be Christmas.

I got downstairs and saw Anna with a little red dress and a red hat. I smiled as her eyes got wide when she saw me.

"Emma!" She screamed as she jumped into my arms. She gave me a box and I looked at it curious.

"What's this?" I asked her smiling.

"It's a gift, Adam helped me choose it." She whispered into my ear.

I got over the fact that he doesn't have feelings for me. I'm still a little upset but after what happened yesterday he doesn't deserve my tears.

Sad things happen. They do. But we don't need to live sad forever.

"Hello, Adam." I said looking straight into his eyes without any emotion.

"Hello, Emma." He said coldly.

"Hi Emma." I turned to my right to see his mom and I hugged her.

"Hi Ms. Stone, I'm so glad that you and your family are here tonight." I smiled as I gave her their gifts.

"Oh, dear, you didn't had to." She said in awe.

"It's Christmas and I like giving gifts and making people happy." I said while I walked them to our table.

They talked all night and most of the night I just started down. It was too hot inside, so I decided to go outside a little.

"Excuse me." I said as I got up from my chair. Everyone was too busy talking, to notice that my chair was empty.

I took a blanket with me and I went outside where I was met with a cold night. I smiled as the cold air touched my face and as the wind went through my hair. I sat down on the small bench that was on our porch and hugged my knees. I placed the blanket over my shoulders and hugged myself with it. For some reason my body is almost all the time cold.

I looked at the stars in awe. They were so beautiful. Who wouldn't want to be a star? No one will judge you because out there everyone is beautiful. I got lost inside my mind, just watching the stars while my body was shaking a little from the wind that got through the small places that weren't covered by the blanket. The world is a whole mystery that remains to be unfolded by us, the people that are living here but, I tend to think that humans are so ignorant sometimes.