Chapter 26-Sharing a Bath with the Enemy

Começar do início

Feeling guilty for lying, she let out a nervous laugh.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it. A small fry like that won't hurt me one bit. I'm going to finish my bath, so you're all excused." Xiu Xiang quickly kicked them out of the hot springs area because she sensed that Wei Xing was at his limit.

Once the guards were out of sight and she couldn't sense them anymore, she finally released her hold on him. When he surfaced again, Xiu Xiang had already turned her back on him, her arms clutching around herself like her life depended on it.

"What are you doing here?!" she cried out in anger.

"I..." Wei Xing was at a loss. He also didn't know why he had entered her bathing area. If he had known, he wouldn't ever dare. He had brazenly peeked on a woman bathing. He knew he should've looked away, ran away, hell, he should've done anything but stood there like an idiot, but he couldn't seem to move his legs when he realized who the person was.

Now that he was up close, he could see clearly just how beautiful she was. Her hair had been brushed over her shoulder, revealing a lovely clear and smooth back. He couldn't help his eyes as he took in the view before him.

Wei Xing was someone who practiced asceticism. Not once did the sight of a woman's naked move him but just seeing Xiu Xiang's back was enough for him to feel a strange heat grow between his legs. The feeling felt so foreign and strange, it scared Wei Xing enough for him to turn away. His face turned extremely red. He even feared that his body heat was turning hotter than the hot spring.

The intense gaze on Xiu Xiang's back disappeared and she finally garnered enough courage to look over her shoulders. She found Wei Xing's back turned towards him. It almost looked like he was going to die of fright.

For a second, Xiu Xiang wanted to laugh at his innocence. She suddenly remembered what kind of person Wei Xing was. Not only was he naturally cold, he was a strait-laced person, almost like a monk. The poor man probably has never seen a woman's naked body before and he was most likely scared out of his wits. Unfortunately for Wei Xing, Xiu Xiang did not condone peeping toms. A devious thought suddenly emerged, and she couldn't hide the mischievous grin on her face.

What could be worse for a man like Wei Xing than to be tossed into a room filled with half naked people?

Just thinking about how flustered he was going to be when that happens, she couldn't hide a snicker.

Wei Xing must've heard it because he slowly turned around. His eyes fell on her and it slowly widened. Xiu Xiang's eyes followed his line of sight until it landed on her partially revealed chest.

"Pervert!"

A loud slap resounded within the hot springs along with a killing aura so strong that the guards outside came running back in. Once again, Xiu Xiang shoved Wei Xing back underwater, only instead of pushing him down with her hand, she kicked him hard between his legs. For a moment, she wondered if she had caused the end of his family lineage, but her anger outweighed anything else. Wei Xing tumbled into the murky water again and this time he didn't get back up.

"My lord...?" the captain of the guard managed to utter out when she saw a body bobbing up and down on the surface of the hot spring water.

Xiu Xiang didn't explain herself as she defiantly walked past the white mass floating before her that had once been the respectable elder of Tian Ling Sect. She gracefully got out of the hot spring and wrapped a robe around her.

Image of a dignified lord?! Forget it!

"If I hear a word about what had transpired here today, I'll cut your tongue out and roast it for dinner," Xiu Xiang threatened.

The guards didn't know exactly what had happened, but they were sure that the snake that had found its way into their lord's bath was probably the dead thing floating on the water. They had never seen her this angry before, not even when Hua Jian played a prank on her by sending her three of his naked boytoys.

Not wanting to incur her wrath, they quickly dropped to their knees and shouted, "Yes, my lord!"

As if things couldn't get worse enough, the elders of demon council heard that Xiu Xiang had brought back a human with her into the demon realm and many of them wanted him dead before he brought them all their deaths.

She knew those old farts were going to find out eventually, but she didn't think they would find out this fast.

"My lord, that human is from Tian Ling Sect, the very sect who sealed our Demon King! Why are you keeping him by your side?!" Elder Huang exclaimed.

"He must not be kept here any longer! If our demon clan knew that you're harboring the enemy, their trust in you will falter," came another voice.

More and more voices spoke up.

A heavy sigh escaped Xiu Xiang's lips. It was already enough with all the responsibilities she had as the lord of the Demon Clan and then came the problem of getting past the mist forest. Now with all the elders voicing their opinions on Wei Xing, a headache ensued. She gently massaged the temples of her forehead, taking a deep breath.

Looking back at the elders with a stern look, she held her hand up to motion everyone to shut up.

"That human is not a threat. He has already sealed his spiritual core and can no longer fight back. In fact, I threw him into my harem for good measure," Xiu Xiang told them.

The elders all looked at each other nervously. Some were hesitant about her move and others looked satisfied. The harem wasn't just a place where the Demon King kept his concubines, it was also a spiritual energy prison. Most men and women who were thrown into the harem weren't always willing. An array had been placed inside the harem to keep those locked inside at their weakest in order for them to not be able to escape. For someone like Wei Xing, who had sealed his spiritual core, once he was thrown in there, it was almost impossible to escape.

With that thought in mind, the elders finally laid their worries to rest.

When Xiu Xiang saw the change on their faces, she finally heaved a sigh of relief. Those elders were all idiots. She couldn't bring herself to kill Wei Xing but there was no way she was going to let anyone else kill him either. Knowing that death looms over him the longer he stayed here, she purposely threw him into her harem, and so that she could see the flustered face he makes when he realized where he was when he woke.