Chapter Twenty-Three-Becca

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope you are all rocking your day!  Thank you so much for reading Dirty Little Tease!  I appreciate everyone who has read, voted and commented on any of my stories.  Thank you to those who have told people about me.  I did pass my first year writing on Wattpad.  It has been amazing.  I have made wonderful friends and honestly, I thought I would only get a few reads when I came here.  I simply wanted people to enjoy my stories and to connect with my readers.  To say this experience has surpassed what I expected is an understatement.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please remember to vote and comment.  It helps me immensely.  Again...Thank you so much! 

-XXXX Amanda 

**********

I removed the chicken thighs from the pan before putting the onion and garlic to sautee. Gideon had stepped outside leaving me to cook away my anxiety while Lance faced the man who had hurt his family so much. I could only hope he would be alright when he returned but the truth was I didn't know and that was what was torturing me.

I added butter and flour before adding chicken stock, white wine and rosemary, stirring it and scraping the pan. I replaced the chicken. As I covered it, arms encircled my waist.

I tensed for a moment, until Lance's voice whispered in my ear, "What are you making?"

I covered his hands clasped at my waist with my own, "Chicken with rosemary wine sauce."

He nuzzled my ear, "It smells delicious," he said, running his nose up my neck before kissing my pulse.

I turned in his arms studying his face, find sadness and pain there though he was trying to cover his emotions with a mask. I reached up and caressed his cheek.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly, my eyes skimming his face.

He winced but then, nodded, "As okay as I can be," he said, his fingertips moving up my arm to my hand, "I told him the consequences of hurting anyone else, "And that he was dead to me after this."

"I'm sorry you had to do that," I whispered, his pain becoming my own.

He shook his head, "I'm not sad about telling him good-bye," he said, a frown furrowing his brow, "I'm sad because he couldn't love our mother the way she deserved. I'm sad because he couldn't love his children but I'm angry that he's that evil."

I caressed his cheek with my thumb, "That's understandable," I said, my eyes raking over him, "But I pity him that he couldn't see the wonderful family he had. I pity him because I know how wonderful and sweet and kind his son is."

"I haven't always been that way," he said, frowning, "I've used people...Women. I worry that will catch up to me one day. I worry that my punishment will be losing you."

"I'm here to stay, Lance," I said, "I love you more than you can imagine."

He grinned, his dimples denting his cheeks as some of the light entered his eyes casting away the darkness, "You know, all I wanted after seeing him was to see you," he said, causing my heart to warm, "You heal me, Becca. You take everything that's cracked in me and fix it. There is no one else on this earth that can do that. You are amazing."

I leaned forward and kissed him, "You do the same for me," I said against his lips, "Sometimes, I don't feel worthy."

"You are worthy of everything good, Becca," he said, staring into my eyes with so much love that my heart clenched, "And I'm going to show that to you every single day."