Chapter Twenty-Two-Lance

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you for reading Dirty Little Tease!  I truly appreciate all of you.  A year ago today I started writing on Wattpad.  I can't believe how much I've written and how much support I've had here.  It is amazing.  So, thank you for joining me on this journey.  I am so grateful for all of you.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are deeply appreciated.  If you have a question, comment or send me a message.  

-XXX Amanda 

**********

I stood at the prison's gates alone. Becca had offered to come with me but I didn't want my father to ever set eyes on her. I certainly didn't want him to speak to her. It was enough that she would be there when I get home. I needed to know that because facing my father was the equivalent of putting my soul through a grinder.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the prison, going through the process of a visitor before sitting in front of a plate of bullet proof glass with a phone. The man who sired me but did nothing else for me in life but give me grief stepped into the room. He was thinner, probably because he refused the food given to him because it wasn't good enough. Hair the same blonde as my own was dull and faded. His face appeared gaunt but there was till that hard glint to his eyes and the smile across his face was cocky because he thought he won when I agreed to see him.

Every swing of his fists toward my mother, every insult to her and the children she had given him floated through my mind causing my back to straighten. I was determined to bring him down and let him know that he would face consequences for once in his life.

He picked up the phone and I did the same placing it against my ear, "Lance," he said, softly but I realized he was trying to lay on the charm, "I know your mother has told you some things but I'm sure she didn't tell you all of it."

I put my hand up, stopping him from speaking, "I will tell you what I know and then, you can fill in what I don't," I said, meeting his eyes because if I was going to do this, I wasn't going to show him any weakness he could take advantage of, "I know that you brutalized her both physically and mentally since your marriage began. I witnessed that. I also was informed she was going to leave and be happy with someone who loved and cherished her and you increased your brutal ways and almost killed her."

"You don't know how manipulative she has been," he said, narrowing his eyes, my first sign that he was upset that he wasn't winning me over but still, he would try.

"Maybe not but I know how manipulative you have been," I said, raising my chin, "And that brings me to what you don't know that I do."

"How could you know anything when you left our house as a child?" He asked, his cheeks becoming pink.

"I know that you have been having an affair with Courtland's beloved wife," I said, raising my brow.

"Courtland will never believe you," he said with a smirk.

"He wouldn't have to. Grandfather was worried that you would try to gain custody of Gideon and me again. So, he hired a private investigator. That investigator took pictures. Upon his death, all of his possessions were given to me and Gideon with a portion set aside for our mother if she ever left you," I said, smiling when his face reddened further, "I am in possession of those pictures."

He opened his mouth but I raised my hand, waving away whatever he was going to say, "I would be careful, father," I said, spitting out the title, "You wouldn't want to lose the only person still loyal to you."

His nostrils flared, "What do you want, son?" He asked, the last word from his mouth holding every bit of hate he possessed.

"You will leave my mother alone as well as Gideon and I and anyone associated with us," I said, raising my brows, "You will also ask Courtland to. You will sign the divorce papers and forget about us."

"I'm your father!" he shouted, "How dare you do this to me!"

"And she was your wife. You should have treated her with love and respect. You should have cherished her. Gideon and I were your sons. You should have loved and protected us," I said, raising my chin, "But you didn't."

"You will understand when you have a wife and children," he said, breathing heavily.

"No, I will never understand what you did," I said, raising my chin, "I will never treat the woman I love the way you did and when we have children, they will have a father who adores them and encourages them. I will enact the first sign of love toward them and protect them from you."

"You little bastard!" He yelled into the phone.

I gripped the phone, "So, here's your warning, do not harm anyone I care about or anyone Gideon or my mother cares about or I will ruin the only friendship you have left. This will be the last time you see my face. To me, you are dead."

I hung up the phone and rose, glancing back to see him throwing the phone against the glass before the guards stepped forward and subdued him. I turned and walked from the room, hopefully leaving my father behind forever.

**********

I arrived at my house, staring at it for a few minutes before exiting my car. Gideon moved out the door toward me. His eyes were dark in worry.

"I would ask you how the visit with dear old dad went but I already know the answer," he said, shaking his head, "Do you think he'll comply?"

"I don't know but it will be bad for him if he doesn't," I said, straightening, "I am determined to leave him behind. Let him rot in prison. To me, he's dead."

"To me too, bro," Gideon said, a frown over his brow, "As soon as the divorce goes through, he'll be dead to mom too."

"That's the way it needs to be," I said, swallowing because for some reason I wanted to cry.

"Well, Becca has been worried about you since you left," Gideon said, giving me a sad smile, "To be honest, I was too."

"I'm fine," I said, fighting the tightness in my chest, "Or I will be when I see her."

Gideon nodded, "I'm going to see mom and tell her you got back unscathed," he said, shrugging, "I promised I would let her know."

I patted his shoulder, "Tell her I said, I'll be by tomorrow."

I walked away from Gideon and into the house. Becca was in the kitchen, the scent of food wafting through the room. She turned, her eyes wide as she moved toward me, taking away the grief, the heartache and the sadness as she moved toward me and wrapped me in her arms, healing me like no other person could do. I closed my eyes, breaking the curse on our family and falling even more in love with her as I made a promise that I would only show her affection and love. She would be cherished for every single day of our lives.