13: A Glimmer of Hope

A/n: I hope you like this chapter! This book is about to end soon! Two more and this is done! :)

...

John POV:

At the time I walked out of my son's room and entered Kousei's doctor's office, I saw General Hashimoto Sachirou and my brother. I still can't believe how much the syndicate had done to my son but I'm glad that I'll be able to keep my son safe while he's in the hospital.

It wasn't just my son who's suffering as I'm suffering, too. I'm in agony, and I keep praying for a miracle to happen. I wanted to know if the Japanese Police were able to give my son justice and there was hope they could give it to him. My son may not think of it as he was too affected physically and mentally but by the time I had rescued him, he was already suffering from fever, nausea, and trauma.

"Why are you here?" I asked General Hashimoto. "Can you tell me why? Most of the time, it's your agents who come here to talk to me."

"Sir, we know that you wanted to hear updates," he told me. "We are currently preparing for a huge fight in their safe house and we want to tell you that we will do our best to give justice to your son. With the help of the Royal Army, we will subjugate the syndicate and destroy it."

"White Flag Syndicate hurt my son so much. Even if he's getting better, that doesn't mean they won't rat him in the future," I told them. "Kill them all if that's even necessary!"

"I won't be in the fight as they said that it will be bloody but what I can do right now was to help you get your son safely in another hospital more equipped to his status," my brother said to me. "Our parents want to see you back and they promised that he will reinstate your status as a working royal. I know that it hurt you so much when they removed it for so many decades and you never deserved to lose it!"

"I'll have to tell Dr. Arima about this that I will be reinstated," I told him. "I'm a doctor, here. He's my employer and my father- in- law."

"We already told him, sir," General Hashimoto said to me. "He's preparing for his grandson's flight to Europe."

"Good," I spoke up. "Even so, were you already able to arrest any high official already? At the time my son was rescued, only their foot soldiers were arrested."

"The main leader of the White Flag Syndicate, a growing terrorist group around the world, was found and killed in a shoot out in Venezuela and his wife was killed in Mexico before she passes through the border of the United States of America," General Hashimoto said to me. "They're a huge group, sir. The Japanese Group that abused your son would be destroyed by the military and royal army, sir."

"I'm glad to hear it," I said to him. "You can now leave, General Hashimoto. Lead the police, well."

...

General Hashimoto and Leonard left immediately when they felt that I wanted to be alone with Kousei's doctor. I've heard enough good news, after all, but I want to hear more good news, I hope it's good news, though, coming from the doctor that my father- in- law chose.

"Do you think he'll survive?" I asked Doctor Ouma. "Will he be able to get in Europe safely?"

"Dr. Arima Satoru's preparing for his safe flight to Europe," he answered me. "Before he leaves for Europe, he had to receive his bone marrow transplant. We believe we already found someone capable of giving necessary bone marrow to help your son recover."

"Who?" I asked him. "Tell me who can give bone marrow transplant to my son."

He sat on his table and smiled at me. "His best friend, Watari Ryota, proved to be compatible to give bone marrow to Mr. Arima Kousei. Tomorrow's the operation."

"Thank you for telling me," I said to him. "I wanted justice for my son but his health had also always been my priority."

"John, the chemotherapy's working on your son and there's a huge possibility that he will survive," he informed me. "We'll do our best to keep your son alive until he's ready to leave the hospital and stay in a much capable institution who can, therefore, look after his mental state, next."

"I won't forget what you did for me and for my son," I told him. "Taking care of him as a doctor was the most difficult challenge I ever faced as a medical practitioner."

He smiled at me and held my right shoulder to get me to sit on a chair inside his office. He offered me a cup of tea and of course, I accepted it. A lot of them knew who I truly am but they never treated me a royalty. My father secretly removed my status and I left England. That was when I met Arima Saki, the most beautiful woman that I loved. Seeing my wife get sick was already painful for me and I let others take care of her but she passed away. I blamed myself for that and when my son was kidnapped, tortured and abused, I did my best to save him but saving him wasn't the last thing I will face as I'm facing the probability that I may lose someone very special to me. 

The Japanese People had offered a lot of good things to me and I owe them a lot. I was such a very troubled prince from England but when I came here in the islands of Japan, I was welcomed open arms. They changed me and I became very happy but now, once again, the world was trying to take everything away from me.

"You'll have to take care of yourself, too," Dr. Ouma said to me. "Your son's bravely fighting now ever since he woke up from his brain surgery. He had forgotten what had happened to him before he had leukemia and we believe that it will help him. Don't forget that this hospital's your family, too."

"Thank you for taking care of my son!" I told him. "You will surely be rewarded over the kindness you gave him."

.... 

A/n: Thank you so much for reading my fanfiction! This is about to end, soon! :)