Nightterror.

*Play Jokes On You by Charlotte Lawrence*

You lay snuggled next to Jaxx in your bed, as you sleep softly, head nestled into his chest. You slept at ease next to him, which was odd, seeing as he was basically a stranger. Maybe the new you will like to do things through impulse?

Your mind trailed back and forth with thoughts as you sleep, drifting deeper and deeper with every heavy breath that is exhaled from Jaxx's mouth.

Everything is peaceful until you hear what sounds to be the broken latch on your door open. You feel your body stiffen as you lay silently, listening out for further movements. You hear nothing, but stay alert for a few more moments. You feel your body begin to release as you pull yourself back into Jaxx's embrace.

Your back still felt stiff, as you try to count each heavy breath with the hopes of dropping back into your deep sleep. Your face felt comforted against Jaxx's soft chest, the warmth of his skin creating an ambience of support for your fragile mind.

You continue to count each of Jaxx's breaths, falling deeper and deeper into your sleep... until you couldn't hear them anymore.

You prop your eyelids open as you stare into the darkness trying to relocate his breaths. Goosebumps ripple up your back before you feel two large hands clamp around your neck, followed by a familiar voice whispering "I can't stop loving you"

As the pressure intensifies you feel yourself struggle to exhale a scream, as you fight to sit up in place.

"NO" you scream fighting for your breath as you clamp your hands over his as try to break your neck free.

You continue to scream and wriggle until your bedroom light switch was abruptly turned on.

You continue to kick and scream until your body is pierced back into the bed by Jaxx.

You open your eyes to face him, as he begins to yell.

"Charlie!"

You shove him off of you as you pace yourself around the room, tears flooding out of your eyes.

"Etha-, He was right here!" You scream in distress still holding your neck.

"Who was here? Charlie, what the fuck is happening?" Jaxx continues as he begins to walk towards you, eyes wide with worry.

"Ethan!" you continue pacing back and forth, checking under your bed.

"Charl-" he started, as he began to soften his tone. "Charlie, he's not here."

He walked towards you as he wrapped both arms around you and kissed your forehead. He still had his lips resting on the top of your head as he stated.

"I think you were just having a night terror"

You felt your emotions crumble once more as you vent all tears from your system.

"But it felt so real" you whisper through your tears.

You feel Jaxx pull you in tighter as he mumbled "He's really fucked you up hasn't he"

You nod your head as your face is now nestled into his chest.

Jaxx rocks you back onto your bed, as he lays you under the sheets and tucks your head in between a mountain of pillows.

"I don't want to go back to bed" you release softly.

"We don't have to, don't worry." he continued as he begins to walk down your short hallway towards the kitchen.

You felt your head become tight and swollen as adrenaline is pumped throughout your body.

"Jaxx?" you call out as you wish for him to reappear from around the corner to comfort you.

You hear the lock on your door chime once more as you throw your body upright.

"Just me Charlie" Jaxx yelled back. "It's definitely locked. Nobodies getting in or out." He continues as he walks back down the hallway with a glass of water in his hands.

He lay next to you in the bed as he wrapped his arms around you and encouraged you to drink.

You both spent whatever was left of the night listening to soft melodies until your adrenaline simmered. Still snuggled in his comforting arms.