Haze.

You watch as he inhales a gasp of herbs and his body begins to loosen.

"not bad" he said laying on his back looking up to the stars.

"Don't love it too much, this isn't going to become a regular thing" you say slowly laying onto your back next To Ethan.

Ethan looks at you as you lay back and slides his arm behind your head.

You stared as he passionately engulfed the fumes, watching the smoke wade through his long lashes and dyed streak.

"I'm glad I'm doing it with you." Ethan said looking at you with a smile.

You'll never get over that. That smile of his, so contagious. It's sculpted to perfection to fit his face. It's satisfactory to you, so calming and genuine. He's a boy with a genuine urge to thrive off the positive vibes. He's what you need. 

"So you used to do this all the time, back in San Fran?" Ethan questioned

"Pretty much." you reply with a slightly disappointed smile.

"You deserve a lot better than what got"  Ethan said sitting the both of you up

"What?" You say slightly confused

"You deserve better." He said staring at you with his loosened eyes

"In what way" you reply

You look up with confusion

"You deserve to be treated and loved better" he continues

"Yeah" you reply with a dismissive laugh. "It's been and gone, a bit late for them to change now" you say hinting to your parents past.

"No it's not" Ethan said whilst still holding the blunt in his hand.

"Yes, it is" you reply aggressively. "I never want to see them again"

"I never said your parents had to do it" Ethan replied further, whilst flicking the remainder of the blunt over the cliff edge.

"Who then" you questioned further with a confused expression.

"Me." Ethan said

You look up quickly toward him, your stomach flips and you heart begins to ache. You eyes flicker between the concentration of his left to his right enlarged pupils.

"Ethan" you say releasing a small smile

"You've got me" he said pulling you closer

You can smell the bitter scent of weed and cologne on him. But it's him, it's Ethan. The guy you sketched, the guy who caused you to feel so much happiness and relevancy. This is him, and you are who he wants. It's you.

You watch him as he begins to lean in edging his lips closer to yours. His stubble drawing closer to your plump lips. He brushes your hair out of you face and rests the palm of his hand onto your jaw line. You close your eyes and allow his lips to gently lock into yours. You pull away after a few seconds out of nerves and stare at him.

"Do you understand now" Ethan said pulling you closer, lifting you up so that you're sitting on his lap.

"Is this not what you want" he said

"No, believe me, it's everything I want" you reply before leaning in once more. You can feel his chest next to yours, both of your hearts were racing, may it be because of the drugs or the affection, you don't care. It's with him.

You pull away after a few seconds and place your joint between his lips.

"Just breath, enjoy it." You say encouraging him to take another hit.

You watch as he tightens his grip around you waist and inhales another puff.

"Doing this, does it not remind you of everything" he said staring at you.

"It does, a lot actually. But it also reminds me of the times when it made me feel a sense of release, like when it separated me from everything. And now it'll remind me of this moment." you say resting you hands around his neck.

"You're beautiful you know that?" Ethan said still staring at you.

You release a slightly embarrassed giggle as you twist your head to face the view.

"Because you are." He said turning your chin to face him 
"Do you not think that?" He said questioning you

"I don't like a lot of things about myself" you reply hesitantly

"Come here" replied Ethan as he hauled you to your feet and walked you toward his jeep over looking the peak edge.

You could see he was affected by the drug by the way he was waking and what he was saying.  You can see that he's in the mood to express his emotions which is an effect of drugs. Something you know he'll be too embarrassed to say sober.

He stands behind you wrapping his arms around your waist facing out to the city.

"You see the sparkle of the lights," he asked

"Yeah, they're beautiful" you replied

"Exactly. And that twinkle reminds me of you, reminds me of you blue eyes." he said

"And you see the cars, you see how they're moving with such speed but grace" he questioned further.

"Yeah"

"That also reminds me of you, you're energetic and fun but yet so elegant and calming."

"Ethan" you say feeling your heart fill up with emotion as you turn around to face him.

"Charlie for real listen, I guess the best way I can say it is that you remind me of Los Angeles. A big beautiful destination, full of hope and dreams, creation and love, Elegancy and chaos, And yeah Los Angeles will always be the one destination I will always aspire to return to" he said

"Do you understand you beauty now?" He said

You rest your head into his chest as you feel your emotions build up.

"Yeah"

You've never been spoken to like that before. Nobody has ever spoken about yourself with such respect and admiration. and it had to be him, it had to be him that tells you this, because in that moment, it's brought you to the realisation that life is worth living. Especially when you find the right person to live it with.