Drive.

You wake up, slowly stretching out your body on Ethan's light grey corner couch. You gently sit up, and rub your eyes to clear sight. You see the balcony doors wedged open and sunlight streaming through, you begin to walk toward it.

"Afternoon" says Ethan between a breath of his cigarette, hinting that you had slept through the morning.

You look at the table and see a flood of blunt cigarettes scattered everywhere.

"How many did you have?" You question urgently staring at the rubble of Tabacco.

"we shared." Ethan says turning around giving you a patronising smirk.

You watching him inhale another gasp of intoxicating smoke.

"Stop." you pant as you swipe the cigarette out of Ethans hand.

You felt a deep sense of guilt haul over you, as you realised how carried away the two of you got the night before. 

"It's not fair on Grayson" you say trying to reason with Ethan. 

"Don't be like me" you continue to say crushing the tobacco ashes between your fingers.

"But it's ok if you smoke?" Ethan stated.

You look at him confused, searching for a knowledgable answer. 

"Exactly, so as long as you do it,  I will too" he replied with a calculated smirk.

"Difference is Ethan, I'm addicted, and you're not. Take your guilt trip somewhere else" You say beginning to clear up the left over ashes, with a small smirk casted across your face.

You continue to present a confident careless front, meanwhile your inner emotions where twisting in a rail of disbelief, unease and excitement from this entire situation. 

"Is Grayson home" you say abruptly 

"No, he stayed the night with the 'girl'" Ethan replied with a laugh. "Don't worry, I won't let myself get caught." he continued

"Etha-" you begin to respond with an annoyed tone before you were cut off.

"Grab your bags, I'm taking you for a drive" Ethan interrupted grabbing your hand and pulling you toward the door before you could finish your sentence.

"Wait" you say as you pull away from his firm grip and grab your backpack off from the couch.

***

You close the door gently and turn to face Ethan as he climbs into the drivers seat. You glance at his jaw structure as he revs the engine. His hand engulfs the clutch as he aggressively tugs it into reverse. He leans over and rests his muscular arm across the back of your seat as he begins to reverse. You stare at his face and fixate on his minuscule details, the stubble around his chin, the green tint hidden in his eyes. He looks back at you as he begins to transfer the car from reverse into drive.

"Tell me more about your background" Ethan demanded whilst looking in the wing mirrors.

"nothing much more to it. My dad was just really abusive and toxic towards me and my mum" you say look down at the bracelets wrapped across your wrist.

"physically abusive?" Ethan looks at you concerned.

You nod your head as you say "He made my life a living hell" you look back at Ethan "Thats why I don't do well with aggression, brings a few unwanted thoughts back."

Ethan looks at you with an expression of distress.

"Is thats why you draw? To get your feelings out on paper?" Ethan said trying to engage with your hobby.

"That, and the fact that it's one of the most peaceful things I could do." you reply gazing back out of the window.

you both sit in silence for a few moments as Ethan begins to digest what you just told him.

"He can't hurt you anymore" Ethan says gently placing his hand on your thigh.

You flinch and quickly turn back to face Ethan flustered.
"Yeah" you say doubtfully turning back to face the Window again whilst resting you head on the palm of your hand.

The comfort you feel around him, felt like a reset to your system. 

"Well, seeings as you're into art and that kinda stuff, I thought I'd show you this place where I go in the hills, for sunset. The view is something else" Ethan says as he glances back over to you.

"I'd love that." You say releasing a smirk, and relaxing your head back against the head rest.

"Pick a song" Ethan replied, handing you the aux cord. 

*I would suggest playing the song*

You plug in the song friends by Chase Atlantic and turn back toward the window. You hear Ethan humming the tune quietly under his breath.

"You know it?" you ask with a smile

"Mhmm" Ethan replied changing gear.

You lean over to turn up the song and catch Ethan watching over you.

You stare back and you both glare into each other eyes for a few seconds. You memorise the colour gradients which fade into his dark pupils.

"The best part" Ethan says breaking the attention, whilst tapping his fingers to the beat of the song on his steering wheel

You smile once more before you expose yourself to the sun and hot air which kisses your skin.

You listen to music for the rest of the journey, singing along, laughing and enjoying each other's company.

***

Ethan opens your door as you sweep your bag over your shoulders.

"The View" you say stepping out of the car starring into the sunset.

"Told you, me and Gray would come here all the time" Ethan said sitting down facing the city.

You look over the buildings and sigh as you slowly watch the sun set behind the clouds and the slow commencing black stencil outlines of the city.

"I could live up here." you say sitting down next to Ethan.

You watch Ethan smile, as he slowly shifts towards you.

"It gets better, keep your eye on the sign" Ethan says wrapping his arm around you, whilst pointing towards the Hollywood Sign.

Your heart starts to beat uncontrollably as your cheeks flush red. His embrace is nothing quite like you've felt before, you can't describe your attraction to his presence.

"Do you ever just come here by yourself?" You ask Ethan as you slowly loosen up and begin to lean your head on his shoulder.

"Sometimes, when I'm stressed. Nobody else comes up here, other than us" Ethan says smiling at you.

"It's so peaceful" you say as the Hollywood sign lights up.

you see Ethan glance over to you with a smirk on his face, as he watches the expression of amazement glow across your face, in awe of the sight in front of you.

"You like it?" He questioned.

"Yes" you reply in a slow whispy breath.

You look at his eyes and fixate on the city lights reflecting in them.
I think, I think I really like this boy.