Jaxx.

*Play Slowly by Olivia Dean*

You finally reach the mall's allocated parking area, where you carefully tucked your car away into a spot. You dab your eyes and fix your make-up before exiting the car.

You grab your bag from the trunk before heaving out a long exhalation of air. You slowly shut click the trunk door shut before walking towards the mall entrance.

***

You've visited a few home accessory shops, looking for decor items for your new apartment. You're going to be able to express your creativity through new interiors. Everything about this move is going to make a difference. It's been sparking excitement and happiness in you for weeks now. You're ready for the new experiences.

It's weird being here on your own, everywhere you look, everyone has someone. Whether it's couples or families, everyone seems to have someone. 

You sit analysing everyone around you whilst you clench your iced tea in between your hands. 

It's nice to analyse situations, it makes you think about the future, the family you'll have one day, the people that'll be in your life, everything. Gives you something to live for.

As you continue to focus on different scenarios and people around the mall, you find your eyes wandering across a blonde hair, blue-eyed boy. 

You stare harshly as you watch him text on his phone, his jaw tense and his lashes collide as he blinks. 

His appearance was so aesthetically pleasing. Just like Ethan, when you first laid eyes on him. 

But completely opposite, he was dressed in baggy blue jeans, with customised AF1s and an oversized light blue polo shirt. His lashes were longer than yours, and his hair hung effortlessly around his skin. He looked creative, it drew you towards him.

You continue to watch as the waitress walks over to his table, handing him his drink. He looked up slowly smiling at her, as you lip-read the words 'thanks' from his bright white teeth.

You feel your face break into a small smile as your eyes were locked onto him. It was nice finally seeing someone that made you feel that way. Especially after the hell you'd been through this past year, it almost felt like you'd never get out.

You continue to stare until you see him divert his attention from the waitress and straight forward to you. You flicker your eyes down to the table in embarrassment as you lock eye contact with him. You grasp your drink, flustered before standing up, whilst making your way out towards the centre of the mall.

Your body fills with embarrassment as you walk towards him, in order to leave the coffee shop.

You hear a husky voice say "Where you running off to" as you slowly pass his table.

You feel your cheeks bloom as you stop in place and slowly turn to face him.

"What?" you reply with a confused expression and a shy laugh.

"You aren't running off 'cause I looked at you, are you?" he said in a joking tone.

"No," you say trying to cover your embarrassment.

"Then sit" he said smirking at you. You held contact with his glazed eyes, as you feel a smile form across your face. 

This sort of thing never happens to you, you think to yourself,  as you slowly sit at his table.

You watch as he confidently sits back in his chair, still watching you, with a smirk across his face.

It was nice to feel something soft other than fear for once, he made you feel calm, even though you'd known him for a few seconds.