Ignored.

It's been 2 days since you've interacted with Ethan. You've stayed in you apartment working on new artwork. You're playing Home Alone by Beabadoobee as you swirl your brush around the canvas, creating the curves and edges Ethan's lips. You begin to focus on the fine details of the other nights occurrences, how your heart sparked with electricity when yours and Ethan's lips interlocked. 

You wonder if he regretted the other night's interaction. Maybe it was the drugs talking? Was I too forward? 

You pick up your phone with courage and text Ethan.

where do I stand with you then?
Read 11:54am

Your heart begins to accelerate as you anticipate his answer.

iMessage 11:57
E- I don't know what you mean but I enjoyed the other night if that's what you're referencing 

Ethan replied. You pick your phone up and stare at the screen feeling a slight sense of guilt as you realise how aggressive you were toward him.

iMessage 12:01

Come round tonight?
Read 12:01

E- I'm down 

Your heart flutters as you realize that you'll be spending another night with him. You begin to clean the house, hiding the canvas and spraying down the apartment.

You dress into ripped jeans and a white boob tube.

***

Ethan knocks on the door 3 times before you open it.

"Hey beautiful" Ethan says playfully as he leans in to give you a hug.

A smile wipes across your face as you embrace him.

You look at him as you sit down on the couch and he wraps his arm around your shoulder.

You breathe in deeply before questioning him.

"did you ignore me?" You question lighting up a cigarette on your couch.

Ethan stops and looks at you with a pale face then down to your cigarette.

"What are you doing, don't smoke in here." He said lifting you up, one arm behind your back the other lifting your legs carrying your like an infant out onto the balcony.

You laugh as he lifts you up but acknowledges the fact that he dodged your question.
You leave it.

You lean over the balcony with your cigarette clenched between your two fingers and Ethan standing behind you with his arms wrapped around your waist resting his chin on your shoulder. You missed this, the feeling of him keeping you warm, the diffusion of his cologne slowly staining your clothes.

You look over to your right shoulder where Ethan's head was resting and smile whilst bringing your cigarette up to your lips for another inhale.
As you prepare your lips for another gasp Ethan perks his head forward and inhales from the filter. You quickly pull it from his lips.

"Ethan," You say with a confused smirk

"What?" He said smiling back at you.

"you know you shouldn't be doing this," you say turning to face him, his hands still wrapped around your waist. 

He looks at you with a blank expression before you continue

"Grayson" you say with raised eyebrows, encouraging his memory.

"It's not harming him" Ethan replied pulling you in closer.

"He's just trying to look out for you." You say wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Do you ever miss your family?" Ethan questioned.

You break his gaze and look toward the floor releasing your hands from around his Neck. It somewhat frustrated you, how he could divert your concerns as fluent as he does. You've only known each other a few weeks, and it's like he already knows how to stunt you.

"No" you reply feeling slightly defeated, whilst disengaging yourself from the situation.

"They love you, no matter how shit they'll make you feel, no matter what they did to you. And you may not love their actions, but you do love them." Replied Ethan lifting your head up toward his gaze again.

What are you trying to do? you think to yourself.

"There's no love," you said with attitude

"Don't be difficult?" He said 

"Stop talking about my past, seriously." you bite back

You watch as his expression turns blank in embarrassment. You sit in silence for a few seconds before you try to heal the tension.

"I wanna know about your family, I literally only know of Grayson?"

"mmm, no. Let's just smoke," Ethan said with a sarcastic tone, whilst leaning to light up another cigarette.

You watching him lean over and can't help but smile.

"You're the strangest boy I've ever met" you say releasing a laugh, whilst shoving his head.

"The best too, right?" He said turning around and pulling you to sit on his lap.

"mhmm maybe" You reply smiling with your focus fixed on his intense eyes.

He's a strange boy, you don't meet them often. He's passionate, creative and that's something you enjoy. You could watch him and feel content. There's just so much to it. He's made you feel more emotion than you have the past couple years of your life.