EPILOGUE

As Chara had disappeared, Frisk and Sans had made it to the surface. All their other friends seemed to regain their memories from the pacifist timeline and had already gone to the surface before them. The sunset outside seems beautiful. The nightmare is over. Everyone is happy again. Sans can't even meet Frisk's eyes as they look towards the sunset together.

He scratches the back of his skull as he remembers the words he blurted out to Frisk. Frisk, I love you!!

Does she remember his words before she died? Frisk seems to be a little fidgity around Sans too. Her face has a hint of pink in it. That only made Sans's cheeks turn deeper blue.

They were so close earlier without being so shy. Holding hands. Holding each other. It must have been all the adrenaline wanting to keep each other alive. Now that things are calm, their shyness overtakes them.

"Hey, ki-..Frisk." Sans blurts out shyly. It's weird not calling her kiddo. Sans had always called her that. For a human adult, she is only 5 ft tall. Rather short so she can easily look like a kid. When has she looked so cute to Sans before?

Was it when she would laugh at his dumb puns? Or buy a bunch of hot dogs? Or when they sat at Grillby's the first time? No. He grew to love her when she became trustworthy. Broke his guarded walls up.

Frisk has always been such a precious friend to him. He's relieved that he has found her again, despite everything that happened. He's a bit angry with himself for Chara being possessive. With Chara being in her body..her...body?! That thought angers him.

Sans grabs Frisk and pulls her close.

"S-Sans?!" Frisk blushes.

Sans is blushing even more. He wants to be close to Frisk. The only one to be close. His heart is pounding through his ribcage. He feels her heart beating just as fast.

"I'm sorry, I had doubted you." Sans holds her tighter. "And to let Chara take over you makes me angry. I will never let you go again."

Frisk holds Sans tighter and is about to apologize.

"Don't apologize, if you're gonna." Sans buries his face into her hair. Her hair smells nice. It makes him blush even more. "It's all over now and I will say this again."

He gently puts his fingers underneath her chin and has her look up at him into his eyes. He stares at her lips. Her beautiful face.

"I love you." Sans leans into her. They "kiss". Her lips kiss his teeth. Sans nervously looks away. "Sorry, I don't have lips. That may feel weird to you." He feels even more embarrassed. Her lips felt so nice against him.

Frisk shakes her head. "I-it doesn't! I um... love kissing you.." She twirls her hair around her finger. "I love you, Sansy."

Sans clutches his chest. The feels of butterflies are strong in his stomach.

Dang! She's so cute!

"Are you really ok being with me?" Sans asked. "I mean, humans might look at us weird and all... first human and monster being together. Heh."

Frisk takes his hand and squeezes it. "I'm happy to be with you. I wanted this for so long." Frisk looks down. "I actually was afraid of you rejecting me for being a human..."

Sans pulls her closely and strokes her hair. "I would never reject ya. You're the BONELY one for me." He winks and grins.

They both laugh together with their blushy cheeks still being visible. It started to get rather chilly outside. Sans's puts his hoodie onto her. Frisk smiles warmly. This is all she ever wanted. This happiness...

This isn't the end. Their happiness lasts a lifetime.
.....
EXTRA:

Chara is peering at them from a long distance. Just enough to see the surface.
"So, you have given up?" Chara feels a pat on his back. It is his brother, Asriel.

"I realized my mistakes. I had to let her go." Chara smiled bitterly.

"I know how you feel. All these resets, I have done terrible things myself." Asriel responded. "Whatever this was..both of us losing our emotions... made us into twisted beings. I regret being that way."

"I do too, Asriel."

"Frisk had accepted us though. She forgave us both. It was hard for me to accept too." Asriel frowned.

Chara closes his eyes as they both lost sight of the surface. His heart ached with regret. The part of him was still there wanting to do it all over and to have her.. but he knows he has lost.

"Let's go back to where we first met." Chara smiles as it fades in the darkness.

————-
Hi, everyone! I'm sorry this taken so long to finish. This was a lot longer than I expected! uwu I dunno if I'll make another Fransfiction but only tome can tell! Hope you guys enjoyed! Would love to hear your comments! :D