Chapter 2

Despair

Countless lives of monsters were taken.
Frisk's friends. First, it was Papyrus. The sweet skeleton tried to spare them. He knew something good was inside them. Even though Frisk wasn't known in this timeline, there was some connection.
Sans' words haunted her head.
You're going to have a bad time.
It hurt her so badly. Sans saw HER brutally KILLING everyone.
But her suffering didn't stop.
Chara tried killing Monster Kid, but Undyne took a hit for him. The battle with Undyne was brutal towards them. They both died and reset many times. Frisk was admiring her dedication and strength. She thought maybe Undyne can end this somehow. Until, Chara took her life too.

Is this my fault?

If only I was stronger....

Each death seemed harder for Frisk to watch. Too helpless to do anything. Why was this so enjoyable for Chara to do? She was relieved that Alphys and the remaining monsters evacuated with the human SOULS. Muffet and Mettaton weren't safe from Chara's wrath.

Now that the SOULS were gone...how can Frisk possibly be able to do this on her own?

"I'm alone..." Frisk whimpered. "What should I do...?"

A laugh was heard.
"You could stay with me forever." Chara used her hand to stroke her hair. "Our SOULS are the same. Even though you're an idiot, I've taken a liking to you."

A liking? This twisted man likes Frisk? Frisk felt disgusted. Chara felt the feeling of her distaste and only enjoyed it more.
They reached the inside of the castle. Frisk knew Asgore would be up ahead for the next kill.

Flowey had approached them before heading over there.

"Howdy, Chara! You made it!" he smiled wide. "You remember this place when we were kids?"

"Asriel." Chara responded. "You knew it was me."

"Yes. You taken over a body. Today's going to be fun!" The flower darkly smiles.

As Chara proceeds gathering the keys to get downstairs, Flowey appears again.

"When I first discovered I was a flower, nobody came to find me." Flowey chimed. "Dad found me and cried. I didn't feel any emotions. Not one bit. My compassion was gone."

"Asriel, you still have it inside you! In another time, I saved you! You're still there!!" Frisk shouted, but her words still weren't heard.

"Eventually, I ran to the ruins." Flowey continued, "I found mom. I thought SHE of all people can make me feel. She failed. I became despondant. I know you may not believe this but I wanted to die. A world without love. Without you.." Flowey's face softens. "I couldn't do it."

"Love?" Chara mocks, "Please, brother. You have to be joking."

Flowey's roots shake from Chara's threatening look.
"Hold on," Flowey stuttered, "This may seem interesting to you. When I tried to end myself, I didn't want to die. I woke up back in the garden. I discovered upon death I could reset. I became curious when monsters gotten boring..that I killed over and over."

Chara unlocked the chain and started heading down the stairs while Flowey proceeded to talk.

"You understand me. You don't pity me." Flowey continued, "Creatures like us wouldn't hesitate to kill each other."

Chara stopped walking in his tracks. Hearing his brother say those words, he felt mocked. Betrayed. Angry. Frisk felt the feelings inside Chara. The feelings of attachment towards his brother was gone.  Chara draws closer to Flowey. Flowey gets scared and flees.

"Asriel is no different than them." Chara hissed. "He's just the same."
Fists clenched and a twisted smile forms.
"I'll kill him."

Frisk is shocked. The one monster that Chara was close to. Cherished. One thing just set him off to want to kill him.

"No, you can't!" Frisk yelled.

"Shut up!" Chara hollered back. "You cannot be an idiot trying to see the good in everyone! Not everyone is like you!"

Chara proceeded through the castle.

Suddenly, Frisk realized something.

Sans.

When Frisk was in her main timeline, he approached her for judgment.
Has he been watching her body killing everyone?
As Frisk feared, Sans comes into view.