Chapter 39

As Nikki talked to the guys I made sure I was sitting at the other side of the table, as far away from him as possible. As he talked he would glance over at me and bite his lip. When he did I would look away and seem as uninterested as I could. I wanted to punch him. Slash was nowhere to be seen. At this point I wish that our relationship wasn't this big secret so I could drape myself around him, to see Nikki's eyes burn red with jealousy. He spoke about rehab and girls and just how fucking great his life was. Soon after that I left to get changed for tonight's gig. I had to get changed anyway, still had on most of what I wore the night before. I stole one of Vince's t shirts and changed into a pair of my shorts but I still had on the same bra and my hair was still curly.

Wearing it was like reliving a memory. I could smell Slash's scent on it and it drove me mental, in a good and bad way all at the one time. When I got to my room I took a long hot shower and changed into a pair of pvc pants, and paired them with a lace lingerie top I had in my suitcase along with a belt I cherished. Some of my curls were still in from last night so I ran a brush through it so it was big and wavy. After putting on some makeup and my heels I left and locked the door behind me. As I went to put my key in my bra a door from down the hall opened and closed. I glanced down to see Nikki Sixx leaving his room too. I mentally sighed and walked down the hall, not making it too obvious that I was trying to get away before he saw me.

"Hey Poison Ivy!" I heard him yell.

I turned the corner and tried to pick up my speed as I saw the elevator in sight. "Hey wait up!" I heard him again and heard his footsteps get more rapid. He was jogging. When he got to me he I kept my eyes straight ahead

"Good morning, or should I say, afternoon?" He said and I didn't say anything

"How was last night?" He nudged me and I stopped and glared at him

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped defiantly

He took a step back and put his hands up. He laughed and cocked his head to the side. "What? Cool it, I didn't mean anything by it, just asking how the club was..."

Ok, maybe that wasn't a jab at me and Slash. He doesn't know.

"Alright." I said plainly and walked again. He followed after a second

"Just alright? Glad I didn't come then." He scoffed as I pressed the elevator button. It didn't come up right away so I pressed it again a few more times

"Wow, don't assault the button." He chuckled and I grunted

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked him bluntly. His eyes softened

"I'm trying not to make this weird or awkward."

"Well it still is." I said and brushed past him to take the stairs. He followed as I thought he would. As I tried to storm down the stairwell my heels failed me, there was a big risk of me falling flat on my face and I wasn't willing to risk going that in front of Nikki, how embarrassing. So as much as it pained me I had to hold onto the railing and go step by step in a calculated manner. These heels were HIGH.

"I know that! But I want to at least have some closure between us." He went to hold my arm and help me down but I slipped out of his grasp

"There was closure before you turned up out of the blue."

"Come on Poison Ivy-" he pleaded and I stopped in the middle of the stairs and looked up at him

"Don't call me that."

"But that's what I use-"

"Yeah. Used to call me. Not now, now it's just plain Ivy."

He walked down a few steps with a swagger and looked me up and down

"There ain't nothin' plain about you, baby." He almost growled. Something about he way his hand touched my hair made my skin prickle.

I rolled my eyes in disgust and tried to disguise my slight ragged breathing. "You make me sick."

He laughed and followed me again. "Look, I know we didn't have the greatest relationship in the world-"

"We didn't have a relationship. I wouldn't call it that."

"Well what did we have then?" I heard his anger building up in his voice. I stopped again

"Well I thought we had a relationship. I treated what we had as a relationship but you wanted other things. Or other girls in fact. I cherished what we had and I was beginning to love you. But you made me realize that what we had wasn't love. You just wanted an easy fuck."

"That isn't tru-"

"Oh, cut the shit Nikki. Yes it is. You didn't think I knew you were sleeping with all these girls? I knew, alright. And you knew I was in my room waiting for you, sometimes waiting for hours worrying that something might have happened to you. But yes, you came to me, shitfaced to a point you couldn't talk or stand and expected me to bow down to you. Not anymore. Just stay away from me, I'm not in the mood to see you."

And with that I left through the door on the level we were on and headed to the elevator in that hallway hoping he didn't follow again behind me. When I got to the button I turned back. He thankfully didn't.