Chapter 37

Daybreak.

Ivy's eyes fluttered open and squinted at the warm sun that peered in through the large window of the hotel suite. She closed her eyes again and sighed to herself. Her usual thoughts of dreading getting up were soon washed away when she remembered where she was.

With Slash.

She craned her neck beside her to see him sleeping sound fully, almost like a child. She slowly and carefully rolled over and lay her arm across his chest. She felt his torso rise up and down in steady beats. She studied the necklace he had around his neck and her it caught the light when his chest moved with his breathing. She also studied how her skin tone looked against his, beautiful. Her sleepy eyes trailed up to see that his hair was out of his face, the light making his features almost glow. She smirked at how his brows furrowed ever so slightly, oh how she wondered what went on in that brain of his.

Slash made Ivy feel like she mattered. Of course she knew Jasmine was her friend, and she made amends with Duff and all but it wasn't like in that way. Slash make Ivy feel like she really mattered. And that strange and obviously crazy thought that 'maybe he always did?' No. Ivy mentally shook her head. She was thinking mental thoughts now, the hormones were catching up to her. But maybe it was the hormones, Ivy couldn't help but feel her belly flop every time she thought of it. Working at a strip joint, Ivy has always had guys eyeing her every crook of her body. Giving everything they have in their being to try and seduce her. She could have any man, at any time because they all found her tantalizing. The ways she'd snake her body on the stage, how she'd act all coy. Guys would always label Ivy as hot or sexy. But Slash made her feel beautiful.

No one made her feel like this before, and since leaving the band she's been with a few guys. Hell, she even thought about sleeping with her landlord just to pay the rent in some dire circumstances. That reminded her.

Fuck!

She forgot about how overdue her rent was, all the craziness of tour and with the guys made it totally slip her mind. She felt a pang of worry surge through her, would she be homeless when she gets back? 'No, don't think about this now.' She thought.

Slash inhaled a large breath and his chest descended in one long, slow move. She forgot about anything she was thinking again. He opened his eyes and stretched with a groan that made Ivy's legs weak. If she wasn't laying in a bed, her legs would have failed her. His sleepy gaze travelled up and down her body, earning a blush. She swore she turned a good few shades of pink. For ages, Ivy wanted to be in the position she was in. This close to Slash was a mere fantasy to her a few years ago. And now she was. Her naked body pressed up against his, it felt like they fit. Like two missing pieces finally being put together. His eyes were so dark yet so warm and kind. She felt his strong arm snake under her to hold her hip, pulling her towards him even more. She smiled and he did the same. She felt his fingers trace her hip every so slightly, it was sending shivers up her spine. She felt so alert and all her senses were heightened. How could one person have this effect on someone?

"Hey, you." Slash cooed sleepily And Ivy but her lip

"Hey, you." She repeated and giggled.

She lay her hand on top of his chest and he lay his on top of hers, tightening his grip every so slightly. Ivy's bare leg intertwined with his. She didn't want this moment to end. To her, it was perfect.

Slash gazed into Ivy's eyes, it was as if every time he looked into them he found something different. He feared that if he kept staring into them he'd find out all of her hopes and dreams. That's what Ivy was to him years ago, his hopes and his dreams. Slash would stay up at night and think about her, worry about her. Wonder what would have became of them after he kissed her those years ago in the hotel room draped in sheets. If Slash from the future had came and told him he'd be in a very similar situation with Ivy he'd never believe him. But there she was, lying beside him, her beautiful body on show just for him. Her gleaming smile lighting up here whole face. Slash was in paradise. He was living every man's dream. He couldn't think of the idea of being without her again, even the thought made him feel sick. He pulled a strand of hair away from her face and that's when he thought of saying it. He thought that if he didn't say it he might just burst.

"I-I..." he started and Ivy gleamed again

"Yeah?"

Slash stopped and looked down at her long pretty fingers tracing his chest.

"I-I th-"

Ivy's award winning smile stayed as he raised her eyebrows as if to say 'yes?' Slash faltered and started to get second thoughts. Was if it was too early? He'd scare her off for good this time, and he didn't want to lose her again. What do she doesn't feel the same way? This has all been really fast, even for Slash.

"Slash what is it?" She giggled and he gulped

"I- I..."

It was as if her hopeful eyes peered into his soul.

"I think I'm gonna take a shower, you want in before me?" He blurted and it was as if her smile didn't quite meet her eyes like before

"Oh...oh, n-no you can go." She said finally and sat up to let his hand out from beneath her.

He stood up and mentally kicked himself. He wanted to get in the bathroom as fast as he could. He couldn't bare look at her again in that moment. What an idiot.