Chapter 12

I woke up in my room and stretched out my limbs as far as I could before a yawn followed. I relaxed and rolled onto my back staring up at the ceiling. I checked the little clock on the dresser and it said it was 11:00am. I threw my head beak down onto the pillow and groaned at the thought of getting up.

"Aw fuck." I whimpered and pulled myself into a sitting position before rubbing my tired eyes scratching my head.

I seriously couldn't be assed moving today, the touring was beginning to take it toll on me slowly but surely. But I should be grateful that for a few weeks in a row we haven't had to sleep in the dreaded bunks on the bus. Those fuckers would leave you hunched over in the morning, a rock would be a better alternative. I did my hair and got dressed into a pair of shorts and a tshirt before heading out. I walked up to one of the rooms opposite me and knocked on it revealing a smiling Steven. He was topless and held a can of Coke in his hand as he held the door open with the other.

"Stevie!" I greeted and hugged him before walking into the room

"G'morning" he answered and closed the door behind me as I looked out the window.

"What you up to today?"

He shrugged. "I dunno, it's our day off so not much. Wanna hang?"

"Yeah cool. Wanna go get something to eat?" I asked am she nodded vigorously before downing his drink

"Yeah! I'm fucking starving!" He said and hunted for his shoes. I threw him a shirt and he put it on over his head before we left.

I walked alongside him as we exited the hallway and down the stairs to the lobby and I couldn't help but notice that Steven was walking differently. He looked as if he was still high as his eyes were bloodshot and his pupils were huge. I pursed my lips and kept my eyes trained on the ground. I reached out and held his hand for support and he looked down at our intertwined fingers and smiled a crooked smile. I smiled back and his eyes returned to in front of him. We found a diner in the city which was about a 20 minute walk from the hotel and found a booth at the window. I sat down and Steven sat opposite me before scanning the menu.

"Hey there, what can I get you?" The waitress asked and clicked her pen

"Could I have the pancakes with eggs and bacon?" I said and she wrote in her little pad. "And to drink?"

"Just a coffee please." I answered and she nodded. She looked at Steven who traced his finger over the salt and pepper shakers

"I'Il have the same." He smiled across to me and the waitress nodded before disappearing

"Ok, how the hell are you, man? I'm missing you like fuck." He blurted and I let out a chuckle. "Seriously! When are you coming back on the bus?"

"When Duff is finished with his shit, that's when." I raised an eyebrow at him and he rolled his red eyes

"Come on, Ivy! I know he was out of line but he was only trying to be a good brother." He said and I sighed. "You know he means well."

"But when I tried to be the bigger person and apologise, he threw it back at my face!"

"He was drunk! We had been drinking all day and he was frustrated that you were gone for so long. You should've seen him, Ivy. I thought he was gonna pull his hair out." He said

"But there was no need to go apeshit. I can look after myself." I looked down at my napkin and I felt his hand touch mine.

"But you're our baby." He said in a tone you would use for a child and I raised my eyebrows

"Hey!" I said and punched his arm making him laugh.

As we laughed together the waitress returned with two plates and two cups. She left for another moment before coming back holding a jug of hot coffee. I poured Steven and I our coffee and watched him as he unfolded his napkin. His hands were trembling and I could see he was getting a little frustrated at how he couldn't keep them still, I could see he was trying to hide it. After a few moments of watching him struggle I put down the jug and unfolded it for him earning a weak smirk. My heart sank.