Chapter 27

Jasmine and I stood there all night, mesmerized. We sang along to every song they had and I loved when they sang their Appetite songs, there was a sense of nostalgia. I had to hand it to Gilby and Matt, they sounded amazing. They really upped their game with these albums. It was entertaining watching Axl runs up and down the stage all night, that guy has energy.

When they finished they all ran offstage and were instantly on the booze. I ran up to Duff and hugged him before enveloping Axl next. In the heat of the moment I turned around and hugged Slash and I instantly felt that wave of emotion come over me again. It was too weird. I pulled away and I smiled awkwardly.

"I-I'm sorry, I-" I started and scratched my head. He chuckled

"Don't worry, baby steps." He smiled sincerely and I nodded before watching him walk off and grab a bottle of Jack.

I didn't want these feelings to come back. I was doing so well without him, I had not long got over him. He isn't good for me, the last time something happened between us a whole shit storm followed. I can't do that. Besides, he's not going to be wanting anything to do with me. He's got pretty groupies at every turn who are ready and willing to do anything to get with him. I should know, I was like those girls. The illusion of tour life and hot band members can make even the clever girls stupid. No one tells some of these girls (who you will find some are very young) that guys like these just use you. They use you for a little fuck here and there and then before you know it, you're left at the next available stop on the way to the next venue. And left wondering what it was that made them not want you.

"So enjoy the show?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh- What?" I turned around to see a sweaty and giddy Gilby looking at me.

"Oh yeah you guys were so amazing." I nodded and brushed the hair from my face, he studied my face as I did.

"You coming to the after party?"

"Yeah I am." I grinned and we chatted about the show as we followed the other guys and the team out.

We all headed to a bar downtown and the place was pretty packed. Loud rock music blared and there was a huge cloud of smoke hovering above everyone. Duff said it smelled 'old' but it really was just smelling of a sweaty ballsack. Jasmine and I sat in between the guys and Matt went with Slash to get some drinks in. Axl left after an hour or so to go back to the hotel with his bodyguard. Party pooper.

I waved him goodbye and he shot me a wink and a thumbs up as he exited through the bar, wild mane bouncing in tow. I moved into his space and that's when the two guys returned with a tray of booze each. I went to move for Matt but he had his eyes on Jas, so she moved over and he basically ran over and plopped down beside her. Slash and I awkwardly exchanged glances and I moved over a little making room for him. He reluctantly sat down and opened his bottle of Jack Daniels. He motioned my glass with his bottle.

"You want some?" He asked and I nodded and smiled

"Thank you."

He slowly poured the liquid into the glass and gave me a small smirk, like he used to. That made me smile more to myself.

"Here you can have this glass he-" I went to push a remaining glass over to him but before I could finish my sentence he brought the bottle to his mouth and started to chug. I laughed at him and he pulled the bottle away from his lips and let out a burp. "No need" he grinned like a Cheshire Cat and I started to laugh again.

"What age are you? Didn't your mom teach you manners?" I waved my hand in my face to waft the whisky aroma of his burp.

"I'll have you know Miss McKagan that I am very courteous." He started and playfully cleared his throat, "I thank you very much for your kind offer of a glass but there would be no need for one. Your offer is much appreciated...my good chap." He spoke in his best English accent and that made me chuckle even more