I have to believe that. If I don't, then that means I'll have to consider the ulterior option which is that someone was very well outside my window last night, looking in and watching me.

The guy from the parking lot is the first face to mind when I think about who it could've been but I've never seen that guy before in my life; I'm not sure why he'd be stalking me or how he'd be able to know where I live so that leaves the other person, the person I'm trying desperately hard not to think about: Cole.

For him to be watching me indicates he still cares. Him caring goes against everything his past actions have proven so my only other choice is to believe what I saw. And what I saw was the shadow of a tree.

"I do."

If it's Cole he would've left something, he'd never just appear without making his presence known.

Trace pulls into the elementary school parking lot and we make our way to the double doors of the gymnasium.

He gets in there and the teacher recognizes him instantly, calling over Dylan and Olivia. They're playing dodge ball with the other kids but a big grin breaks out on each of their faces when they see Trace.

"Have they been good?" Trace asks her as his sibling run up and wrap their tiny arms around him.

The young woman nods and gives him her best smile, "They've been excellent."

Trace smiles and signs a paper before grabbing their backpacks off a hook and leading us all out the door.

"Hey, Emma!" I look down to see Dylan grinning up at me. I wasn't sure they'd remember me considering we've only ever met once for about ten minutes, at night and under terrible circumstances.

The little boy's smile soon fades as he stops in confusion, "Why are you hanging around Tracy?"

Trace rolls his eyes at his little brothers nickname and I laugh.

"When Dylan was five he thought it'd be cute to give me a girl name, the name just kind of stuck throughout the years. They probably don't even remember what my actual name is."

Dylan shrugs and I laugh again.

It's cute they gave their older brother a nickname. Especially a nickname like that. I've heard 'bubba' and 'big man' but never the feminine version of your actual name.

"Yea, why are you still hanging around my biggest brother? Aren't you like, too cool for him?" Olivia asks, pushing for an answer to the question her brother previously asked.

In Olivia's arms is a little baby doll wearing a dark pink dress with yellow flowers. It's a pretty doll that she's gripping like it's her most prized possession.

"We're going to the park," I exclaim and each of their little mouths turn up into a grin, "and yes, I am too cool for him but he's pretty cool too so I decide to keep him around." I tease.

Trace smiles over his shoulder.

He opens the truck door before pulling the seat forward, revealing a backseat that they both climb into.

"Can we go to the one beside the old school? That's my favorite one!"

Trace nods, "That's the one we're going to bud."

We pull out of the parking lot and the ride is nothing like the quiet one we had on our way to pick them up. Throwing two little kids in the backseat made the noise level hit maximum as they argue, sing and even play games as we drive along the busy street.

"What are we eating?" Olivia asks sweetly.

"I think Erica said they're getting BBQ."

Trace gives me a bewildered look, "For a picnic? How's that going to work?"