Chapter 21: So Much Faith

Quick warning! There's a few references sprinkled in here. Try to find them~! Also, sorry for mentioning Paramore so much. I just really like this band. ^^"

_______________

As Nate's green Chevy pulled out of the parking lot, Edd sighed to himself. He hugged himself, and for a while, he didn't want to step one foot into his apartment he longed to go before.

Even if he allowed himself to step foot in Tord's car, Edd still felt uncomfortable. He couldn't erase everything that Tord did from his mind.

How he made the group fall into a depression, ruined their old lives, killed his neighbor, lying to him, and breaking his trust. Edd felt so stupid. Under his goofy persona, he hid a more serious person under. An Edd who wanted to scream at Tord. An Edd who desires to make Tord feel how he felt during the incident. An Edd who wasn't the Edd before.

He walked into the lobby of the apartment complex. Music, probably from Paramore - a music band getting popular in the UK, started playing as Edd walked through the room.

It was a song he recognized. The first song that played in Paramore's 'Riot!' As he pressed the up button for the elevator, Edd took a chance to listen to the lyrics. He tapped his foot to the song, putting his hands in the pocket.

The elevator door opened for Edd. As he walked in, he heard a part of a lyric that hit way too close to home: 'I put my faith in you, so much faith, and then you. Just threw it awaaaay!' Edd tensed at that very lyric.

The elevator doors closed, and Edd pressed button 4. He sighed, and looked at the elevator lights that shone way too bright for his liking. Edd began to think about that one song lyric.

On a regular basis, Edd wouldn't pay that much attention to it. But this wasn't a regular basis. Oh, how much he related to that lyric. Indeed, he did put much faith in Tord. Maybe a bit too much. And when Edd had put in the most trust in Tord, Tord threw it away like it was nothing to feed his own ambition.

The elevator doors opened once again, and Edd walked out of the apartment. He walked to Matt's apartment, and knocked the door. Matt opened the door. "Hel-" Matt slammed the door and opening it again after 10 seconds. "-lo." Edd finished his sentence. "May I come in?"

Matt furrowed his eyebrows, putting his hand on his squared chin. "I don't know. Do you have the password?"

Edd scoffed, walking past Matt into his apartment. "Yes, I do. It's 'Let me in, bitch.'"

Matt put a hand dramatically on his chest. "That is not the password!"

"It is now."

Edd smirked as Matt huffed, closing the door as he stuck his tongue out at Edd. "Whatever. I'll get you your bacon cola. And also, you are not changing the password!" Matt harrumphed as he walked into the kitchen.

Edd laughed as he slowly began to drift off to space. For so long, Edd never considered Tord being back into his life. Not after the incident. But look at where he is now. Getting rides from the same guy who tried to blow them up. Edd felt frustration tug at him like a whiny 3-year-old.

He didn't know what to do. What to do with this situation, what to do with Tord. For some strange reason, Edd felt like he was walking on eggshells when around Tord. Like if he ever slipped up, he'd see that crazy look in Tord's silver eyes that was shown in the incident. That look that was hungry for power. That look that was full of want and greed. That look that Edd feared.

Matt waltzed out of the kitchen, and Edd forced himself to snap himself out of his daze. Matt threw the bacon cola at Edd, Edd catching it with ease. Matt groaned. "I was aiming for your face!" whined Matt.

Edd chuckled. "It takes a lot to hit me, Matt- OW!" another can of bacon cola hit his face, earning a laugh from Matt. "Oh, screw you."

Matt flopped on the couch, looking at Edd. "Do you remember Tord's friend? Sparrow, was it...?" asked Matt.

"I'm surprised you remember her name." Edd commented, opening the can of bacon cola. He brought the fizzy substance to his mouth and began to drink.

"You know I purposely mess up people's names to make them mad," Edd almost spit out his drink. Matt put his hands behind his neck. "But anyways, I heard that she was moving into a new country." Edd spit out his drink.

"What, really!?"

"Yes! I ran into her just this morning! She was on this phone call with someone who spoke Norwegian, and she looked really stressed."

"Was it Tord?"

"No, his voice didn't crack as much as Tord's."

"Oh really?"

"Yep!"

"Is that so..."

Edd began spacing off into wonder. He began making some action-packed fantasy in his head. Perhaps there would be an adventure with the mafia and guns! Or Sparrow is hiding a giant machine somewhere and it's waiting for someone to take it and venture below the earth's surface! Edd's just listing possibilities.

He didn't notice when Matt intertwined his hand with his. And when he did notice, he made no comment. Instead, he said, "Casino night?"

"Whoever loses the most money is the loser~"

As Matt got up to get ready for 'casino night', Edd's mind flashed back to that single lyric. He had put so much faith in Tord. And once Edd had enough trust for him to share, he's not sure if he's willing to give it to Tord, the infamous trust-breaker.

__________
Whoo! I hoped you guys enjoyed that somewhat short filler chapter. I tried to make it as plot-relevant, and probably delete it when I am finished with this book and begin nitpicking. The next chapter will probably be the last chapter Sparrow will take notice in the story, or even mentioned. Instead, we'll focus on the relationships with the boys (including Nate) to get this plot up and running. Thanks for reading! Stay safe!