Chapter 9: Bitter Reunion

Time skip to 11 months:

It was now late August. Leaves of all different colors swept the streets of London, brushing up on the doors of the civilians who live there. It took a long while for the boys to get to where they are now. And they have to thank everybody.

The therapists were really happy when they spotted improvements in their clients' behavior. Tom stopped his drinking habit, although it was hard. Edd stopped being so worrisome and was more laid back. He said it was nice trusting in people again. Matt let go of the past and tapped in more into the present. He matured. But his childish nature never ceased to seep into his attitude. One time, Tom had somehow mentioned about coloring books and Matt would not stop nagging him for one.

The therapists didn't see to resume the sessions any further. They discharged the three from therapy yesterday, saying their own heartfelt goodbyes. Matt, Edd, and Tom all gave their therapists little gifts. Tom bought Francis Dodgers tickets (which she really enjoyed), Edd bought his therapist a classic photo camera with some film and Matt gave his therapist a picture frame of him as a remembrance.

But there was one more person they have to thank. The person who created the establishment of the Red Hotline. If this person hadn't have created the establishment, they might be stuck with a therapist who didn't care. Their therapists told them the address to the workplace of their boss. They addressed to him as the 'Red Leader', as that was the name he'd let the public know.

The group drove half an hour to get the workplace of this 'Red Leader.' Actually, they wouldn't even call it a workplace. It was far from London. Huge. Not a place you would go for vacation. Soldiers guarded the perimeter, some giving the three a look. Edd shuddered. "I don't like the look of this place."

"Or the soldiers." Matt added.

Tom could agree with both of them. He wanted to call it a day and leave the area. He shook his head. "Stop being wusses. We came here for a reason." Tom didn't mean to be rude. He wanted to get inside before fear gulps him up.

Edd and Matt looked offended but did not act upon it. They knew better.

The trio asked the soldiers where's the location of the 'Red Leader,' hoping for simple directions. Unfortunately, that's not what they did.

The soldiers took them through many halls and rooms, navigating them into a small office, where two people stood.

One was a woman. Her hair was shaved on one side of her head, her eyes a dark gray. She had a lip piercing on her light pink lips, followed by a few ear piercings. The woman had delicate features, such as a small nose, a nicely carved out face, and a subtle light pink blush. Tom will admit, she was pretty— in a very punk-ish way, but danger lurked around her like a massive fog.

Her gray eyes made Tom uneasy, staring at him intensely. A gun was on her right side, and she was gripping it as she watched them. Her presence was disturbing. Tom could see her, it feels like she's not even in this room.

Beside her, was a short man behind a desk. His caramel hair was styled into a messy pixie cut, his bangs was ruffled, and on the hair on the other side of his head was longer. His skin was rippled with scars. He was wearing some kind of uniform, peeking out of the sleeves was something metallic. The man's silver eyes contained many emotions: fear, terror, shock. And Tom knew why. He felt anger bubbling in him, rage engulfing his mind.

"Tord." Tom growled.

Tord lowered his head. "Tom. Edd. Matt. What a... surprise to see you."

"Yeah." Tom laughed. "A surprise."

Tord shuffled in his seat, his expression tight. "Tord?" the lady said. "Is something wrong? Who are these people?"